CTG Data Test Analyst (Linux knowledge) in Durham, North Carolina
Title: Data Test Analyst (Linux knowledge)
Job Number: 19205551
CTG is looking for recent college graduates looking to jump start their Bioinformatics career! It is a direct hire opening for a Biometric Data Analyst.
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: Direct Hire
Tax Terms: W-2 (No C2C or 1099)
This new position will be responsible for qualification and delivery of novel genomic testing products that come from development teams. These assays typically have yet to enter an operational state and will need facilitation and expertise to deliver results from a high quality product before fully automated by our computing systems. Individuals will provide technical expertise to develop and maintain programs to meet internal and external client needs. Will assist in the development of project-related solutions and documentation while providing technical expertise to the translational genomics and operations teams.
• Analyze next generation sequencing data in the support of client projects, including clinical projects impacting patient outcomes.
• Adhere to testing timelines and data delivery requirements, communicating status as required to inform stakeholders
• Provide quality control evaluations of various next generation sequencing assays, across multiple applications.
• Troubleshoot software problems which may arise during the course of analysis. Providing documentation of situations and forming of testing data.
• Assist Sr. Bioinformaticist in the analysis of large-scale validation projects for new assays which are being evaluated by the organization.
• Develop documentation of analyses conducted and/or analysis plans and specifications, as appropriate.
• Participate in software development lifecycle, where feedback/requirements/issues/bugs are communicated to Software Engineers, Development Leads and Product Owners
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Knowledge in Linux/UNIX-based systems
• Basic understanding of standard utilities such as Bash, SED, or AWK. Knowledge of either Perl or Python a plus.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects, providing updates and forecasting status
• General knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing data and output formats
• Familiarity of high performance computing environments and job scheduling
• Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree or educational equivalent in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Genomics or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience of which bioinformatics is a component.
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contact Johna Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-258-1303 ext. 3689. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Data Analysis / Management