CTG DATA ENGINEER I in Durham, North Carolina
DATA ENGINEER I
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Sep 23, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is hiring a Data Integrator/Engineer for our global client in Durham/RTP, NC. We are seeking candidates with an analytical, scientific, or mathematical background and not an IT background. We will consider Junior candidates for this role as this is not a Senior level position.
• Generate data management deliverable strategy such as business need analysis, data source identification and data modeling/integration approaches.
• Gather data and design data platform for data calls received from various sources.
• Perform data integration/engineering, process mapping and automation including wrangling unstructured and poorly structured data into appropriate data structures.
• Assist ETL Architects in developing source to target mapping. Work with IT platform leads and coordinate development, testing, and implementation phases ensuring that all deliverables meet expectations.
• Apply business knowledge to coordinate orchestration of data management, data science and data visualization to develop a streaming process model for automation, processes, data flow, modeling/analyses and visualization.
• Work with data stakeholders for the examination and resolution of issues related to information flow and content.
• Communicate all data issues or problems to management and makes recommendations for solutions.
• Ensure compliance with technical best practices, standards and policies. Support the Data Quality Program, including the creation and execution of DQ queries
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical or science or equivalent technical expertise. BS degree or above preferred in Mathematics, Data Analytics, Statistics, Operations Research, computer science, Systems or Industrial Engineering.
• 2+ data management/integration experience preferably in agriculture industry.
• 2+ years proficiency in SQL, DBMS Languages, Data Profiling, Data Model Design and Data Architecture
• 2 + years experience with BigData tools, and/or other broader data skills/capabilities analyzing data across structured/ unstructured data
• Knowledge or experience in Informatica Data Quality, data modeling and data design of data warehouse, data marts, data lakes is preferable Experience in Data Modeling using ER Studio– Dimensional Modeling, Canonical Modeling
• Knowledge or experience in AWS Data Services (i.e. RDS, Redshift, S3, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, EMR).
• Knowledge or experience in ETL for both batch and real-time or near real-time data integration.
• Experience in complex ag datasets highly preferred
• General knowledge in Plant breeding process
• Project experience working in Agile development methodologies
• A team player with excellent communication skills, logical thinking and analytical skills.
• Ability to be flexible, decision oriented, and motivated.
• Ability to manage multiple work streams with conflicting deadlines proactively.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Data Warehousing
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: Yes