CTG TECHNICAL WRITER in Corning, New York
Title: TECHNICAL WRITER
Job Number: 19206681
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 15 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Duration: 5 months
Location: Corning, NY
Job Title: Technical Writer
Pay rates: $18-22/hour, depending on experience
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM - 5 PM;
Travel Requirements: Conferences, training or customer visits, as approved by supervisor.
This position is in the Operations directorate within the Laboratory Services Management & Engineering (LSME) department. The primary function of the LSME department is to provide support for Research, Development & Engineering (RD&E) activities by providing professional service in the areas of project management, infrastructure engineering, and laboratory space management and pollution abatement. A key part of this role is building working relationships with those individuals who own, use and reference LSME documents on a routine basis. Time will be spent working with all levels of the organization and with cross-functional team members.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
This is a Non-Exempt position
Support of the following focus areas including, but not limited to:
• Comply with all Corporate safety requirements
• Responsibility for knowing safety policies and ensuring personal safety
• Completion of all required safety training
• This position is responsible for creating, auditing and updating various types of documents in support of LSME Operations including the Service Delivery Model, Project Management Life Cycle, etc.
• This position will collaborate and develop relationships with both the owners and users of the documentation that supports LSME Operations as well as the S&T Organization.
• Time will be spent organizing and updating the ‘Document Library Index’, reviewing LSME documentation for accuracy and restructuring file shares.
• Time will be spent observing the technical processes of Pollution Abatement and creating documentation that will support the operation of the equipment, thus the sustainability of the process.
• Time will be spent developing ‘1-pagers’ that detail procedures for using Maximo.
• This position will support and ensure departmental compliance to the Department of Archives and Record Management (DARM) policies as well as retention procedures and standards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• HS Diploma
• Minimum three years’ experience in technical writing
• Safety and customer focused
• Extremely detailed oriented and highly organized
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform work independently
• Adaptable and flexible
• Team player and collaborative, cross-functionally
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Prioritize work to meet completion dates considering both unexpected and planned needs
• Associate’s Degree in a technical field
• Minimum 1 year experience in Technical Writing in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles
• Knowledge of Project Management processes
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technical Writing