CTG Software & Computer Systems Engineer I in Corning, New York
Title: Software & Computer Systems Engineer I
Job Number: 19206924
Title: Software Developer/Scientist, Mid-Level Front End Developer
Hours: 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. Mon-Fri
Scope of Position:
• In your Software development role, you will be participating on individual projects and team projects to enhance the scientific and research capabilities of Corning.
• You will work with your team to define project specifications and to research and improve applicable technologies.
• You will have the opportunity to keep up to date with state-of-the-art software development practices.
Strong technical expertise in software engineering including 2 years of experience in front end development.
• Knowledge of Web Technologies: Django, Node, jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass, etc.
• Experience in building RESTful APIs
• Git and associated tooling, such as GitLab.
• Best practices for testing, linting, and code formatting
• Understanding of networking principles and protocols.
• Experience building fault tolerant high availability systems.
• Knowledge of backend programming languages: Python, Java
• Experience with MVC frameworks.
Strong Interpersonal, Presentation and Leadership Skills:
• Comfortable working with engineers, scientists, and IT workers and the ability to help facilitate collaboration across organizational barriers
• Adept at working in environments with significant ambiguity and an ability to explore and drive to clear requirements
• Able to interact effectively with customers and staff
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience (5 years)
• Ability to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment built on credibility, visibility, and trust while presenting and selling concepts to internal customers.
• Willingness to take initiative and get results.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology