CTG MECHANICAL CAD ENGINEER in Corning, New York
Title: MECHANICAL CAD ENGINEER
Job Number: 18205181
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting; Position 6 months
Project Location: Corning, NY
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer IV
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM (some flexibility possible); Overtime may be required on a case by case basis based upon business needs
This position involves the detail design of equipment, machines, related hardware and fixtures. This work supports early stage development programs, and on occasion may support manufacturing sites. Candidate should be proficient in Solid Works (other software package experience would be considered) and be able to generate practical concepts from a clean sheet of paper. The candidate should be capable of taking concepts to the next step with 3D CAD models, drawings, and work with vendors to get parts made. The candidate should be proficient in material selection, machine shop practices, GD&T, fastener selection and similar mechanical design areas. On occasion the candidate may participate in design reviews, and participate in the assembly and debug and testing of designed hardware. Knowledge and use of advanced engineering tools such as Solid Works Simulation is a plus.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
· BS Minimum in engineering discipline
· 8 years of work experience with CAD tools (Solid Works or similar CAD package), Standard Microsoft Office tools, and Equipment/Machine Design
· PPE: Standard will be provided
· Able to generate practical concepts from a clean sheet of paper
· Capable of taking concepts to the next step with 3D CAD models, drawings, and work with vendors to get parts made
· Proficient in material selection, machine shop practices, GD&T, fastener selection and similar mechanical design areas
· Knowledge and use of advanced engineering tools such as Solid Works Simulation is a plus
· The position requires the individual to work effectively with teams, as well as an individual contributor
· On some occasions the position may require participating or leading a design review
· No third party resumes will be accepted
· Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
· All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)
· Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
· CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
· CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Taylor.Pittard@ctg.com along with the job title.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Mechanical Engineering