CTG Jr. Software Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio
Jr. Software Engineer
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Sep 18, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking a Software Engineer II – Technical Support Engineer to join our client's team in Cincinnati, OH. We are looking for a hands-on Developer/Support resource with experience implementing and supporting complex enterprise software and hardware projects.. The individual will be responsible for engaging with a group of experienced technical professionals that will support retail operations embedded at the client’s location. The individual will support activities with customers, external and internal industry groups. The candidate needs exposure to programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, teamwork and excellent communication skills. The Technical Support Engineer will also need to communicate at different technical levels, from the application architects to the end user.
• Solve complex production business critical problems in a demanding Retail environment.
• Execute as an individual contributor with little to no oversight
• Write and present documentation
• Approximately <10% travel
• Able to work on a fast-paced support team
• Client facing professionalism and skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of Help Desk experience
• 2+ years of experience in Software development
• 2+ years of experience with Scripting languages
• 2+ years of experience with Networking
• 2+ years of experience with Databases, Reporting and Analytics
• 2+ years of experience with Java
• 2+ years of experience developing for Linux and Windows
• Experience supporting large enterprise
• Experience supporting a production Cloud based solution
• 4690 Operating System knowledge
• Self Service/Self-Checkout
• Loss Prevention experience
• Scrum Master/Project Management
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Programming & Application Development
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time