CTG STAFFING - IT DESKTOP SUPPORT in Christiansburg, Virginia
STAFFING - IT DESKTOP SUPPORT
Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
Nov 24, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is assisting a client in Blacksburg, VA for an IT Desktop Support Technician!
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Monday - Friday 8:00
Pay Rate: up to $27/hour
• IMS / HMI first line support of IMS production equipment.
• Monitoring of ticketing system queue.
• Trouble-shoot / fix reported production issues either from direct calls, follow ups from the daily production meeting or the ticketing system utilized by IT
• Interaction with production personnel at all levels to understand production issues and the follow up with that personnel when issues are resolved.
• Ensure IMS equipment meets security protocols.
• Deployment and maintenance of production IMS equipment software solutions.
• Manage small projects related to infrastructure capacity requirements in the production environment.
• Participate in on-call rotation with the local IT team
• Understanding of .NET, ASP and VB
• Understanding of SQL Server software and in developing complex queries, views, triggers, stored procedures and reporting services reports (SSRS).
• Experience in a production environment
• Experience with enhanced Windows scripting including PowerShell.
• Understanding of network equipment
• Interact with customer to gather and define system requirements.
• Review and respond to documented issues related to a system change.
• Ability to work independently to develop, test, troubleshoot, and document system requirements.
• Ability to accurately and effectively communicate the status of tasks.
• Ability to provide accurate estimates of the time and effort required to complete tasks.
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and management.
• Ability to work with end users to develop requirements.
• Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership).
• Self-starter and takes ownership for deliverables and deadlines.
• Team player.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Helpdesk & Technical Support
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Work Remote: No