CTG IT DESKTOP SUPPORT in Christiansburg, Virginia
Title: IT DESKTOP SUPPORT
Job Number: 18204979
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Duration: 12 months ongoing with possible direct hire
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Job Title: IT Desktop Support
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; occasional after hours, on-call support as needed (scheduled and unscheduled)
Pay Rates: $15-$19 an hour, based on experience and benefits choice
Day to Day Responsibilities:
· Respond to and resolve user problems with hardware, software and/or services for all desktop computing equipment
· Install and upgrade computer equipment and software
· Identify recurring issues, document and escalate to appropriate personnel
· Represents technical bridge between technology groups and business units
· Make recommendations for improvement in processes and procedures
· Follows existing processes and use standard methodologies to carry out assigned tasks
· Will be required to maintain inventory supplies (desktop hardware, toner, etc)
· Participates on cross technology teams
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Required Skills and Experience:
· Associates Degree or higher (unless Associates Degree would be attained within 6 months of Hire Date)
· 6 Months experience required
· Proficient in hardware system components and peripherals (printers, scanner, wireless handhelds)
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Active Directory familiarity
· Proficient in installation, navigation, and support of Microsoft Operating systems up to and including Windows 10
· Knowledge mobile device operating systems such as IOS and Android
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook Email and Calendaring, PowerPoint, Access)
· Documentation skills
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
· No third party resumes will be accepted
· Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
· All individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
· Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
· CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Taylor.Pittard@ctg.com.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Helpdesk & Technical Support