CTG SERVICE TECHNICIAN in Charlotte, North Carolina
Title: SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Job Number: 19201635
Our client in Charlotte, NC has an immediate opening for a Service Technician for an ongoing assignment.
This position requires driving (MVR Check required)
Essential job functions:
• Provide repair and service support on Low to Mid-Range office printing products in customers location
• Provide preventative maintenance service on production products
• Perform the full range of maintenance on assigned products; including repair, on-site troubleshooting, installation, removal, retrofit, preventative maintenance activities, and customer call assistance
• Take responsibility for customer satisfaction by providing timely and courteous service with minimal support from other personnel
• Observe all service call procedures including preliminary notification to the customer of call receipt with an Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) whenever possible
• Keep service management informed of potential customer issues if unable to resolve
• Participate as a full member of a service workgroup and contribute to the group’s productivity
• Demonstrate the required product proficiency by successfully completing the product training Use a laptop PCs connect to internet, download files
• Use Microsoft Exchange e-mail
• Perform mechanical adjustments, troubleshoot to the Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level
• The FRUs may be electrical, electronic or mechanical in nature and are defined during product training
• Mechanical observations of belts, chains, pulleys, clutches, gears, motors, and interdependent drive systems with an ability to understand and troubleshoot malfunctions is a requirement of this position
• Diagnosis and repair using product manuals, AC-DC multi-meter, and fault codes
• Accurately report all activities and time using the prescribed methodology to ensure accurate customer records and internal records
• Manage the inventory of assigned parts, tools and any other assets provided
• Communicate with customers the status of their current service call and address any other service concerns they may have with the product
• Present a professional image in all interactions and behaviors
• Provide timely and courteous customer service to facilitate customer satisfaction
• Meet and/or exceed all required standards, such as Customer Notifications (ETA), Response Time, Product Repair Hours, Parts Cost, First Time Fix, and Call-Backs
• Responsible for providing reliable transportation to service calls
• Candidates must successfully pass a baseline assessment of competencies with electrical, mechanical, measurement, computer, and essential tools used
• The position requires the ability to lift and /or move thirty (30) pounds
• Contractor must agree to comply with all security arrangements required by the customer
• Have a clean and groomed appearance and adhere to the contracting organizations dress code
• This is typically for men, button up or golf shirt with collar, dress slacks, dress shoes or street shoes that can be polished.
• For women, button up blouse with collar and appropriate neckline, dress slacks, dress shoes or street shoes that can be polished
• Work overtime on an occasional basis.
• Must be of a size that provides enough space to allow for the transport of assigned parts inventory.
• The vehicle must be able to secure property (parts, tools, and electronic equipment) provided to the contractor.
• The vehicle must be maintained in good working order (pass safety inspections).
• Contract personnel must ensure that the vehicle being used is properly licensed and insured at the level required for business use .
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency using AC /DC electrical multi-meter for troubleshooting along with the ability to comprehend and troubleshoot mechanical interactions between gears, pulleys, clutches, belts, chains, motors, and interdependent drive systems.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and/or on a team with minimal supervision.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office , Internet Connectivity, uploading and downloading files.
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 year technical school
• Electronic Certificate / Diploma
• Industry Certifications (A or N )
• Mechanical Background (gears, pulleys, belts, chains, motors, clutches, drive systems)- Computer skills
• Customer Skills
• Reliable Transportation (space, passes safety inspections, licensed and insured)
EXPERIENCE: Experience or formal training in AC-DC electrical/electronics required. Functional knowledge and application of a multi -meter.
• A certificate or diploma from a vocational program , technical school, or college in the field of either: electronics, electrical / mechanical repair, or similar field.
• Two (2) or more years of related field experience as a repair technician may be substituted for the certificate/diploma.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT