CTG SR BIG DATA PLATFORM ARCHITECT in Cary, North Carolina
Title: SR BIG DATA PLATFORM ARCHITECT
Job Number: 19201578
CTG is seeking a Sr. Big Data Platform Architect for one of our premier clients in Cary, NC! As a Sr. Big Data Platform Architect, you will define and build innovative large-scale analytics solutions and have a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of solutions that will be integral to the client’s data science and business practice. The ideal candidate will have industry leading programming skills and an established knowledge of implementing, designing, deploying, and maintaining big data analytics platforms on-prem and in a cloud environment.
• Provide thought leadership and technical direction for the data engineering team.
• Work with the lead of the advanced analytics capability to develop technical strategies and mature the technical stack towards improving operational outcomes and usability, as well as keeping current with emerging technologies.
• Lead project teams through POC efforts related to new technologies or new use of existing technologies
• Document and publish technical principles and standards, and mentor the data engineering team to incorporate them in their daily practices.
• Work closely with enterprise and application architects to align the data engineering team to the overall client’s SDLC standards and practices.
• Work closely with data engineering and project delivery teams to drive alignment with the design decisions made and ensure consistency of implementations with architecture principles and standards.
• Develop coding guidelines and best practices through mentoring and involvement in solution activities.
• Champion and present the technical vision to the executive team and business.
• Responsible for assisting product managers and the analytics teams in translating business requirements into solutions that meet business value objectives and are aligned with best practices and industry standards.
• Document architectural decisions through the depiction of concepts, relationships, constraints, and operations.
• Support project teams in the assessment of available information to develop architectures for data-driven, analytical systems, including design recommendations.
• Lead prototyping efforts for assessing and proving the feasibility of proposed architectures and solutions
• Contribute to and oversee the development and delivery of production-ready solutions
• Supports and improves internal decision making.
• Can assume the project leadership role for infrastructure and technical projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Experience collaborating with business and IT counterparts, as well summarizing and presenting complex technical architectures and solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Superior problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently in unstructured environments, with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to take a leadership role on engagements and with customers.
• Strong teamwork skills and ability to work effectively with multiple internal customers.
• Ability to provide technical expertise to others and explain concepts to the client.
• Ability to quickly learn and master recent technologies and various business applications.
• Ability to build business acumen and understand business domain.
• Experience mentoring other technical resources and leading technical implementations.
• Experience of hands-on platform architecture and solutions design and implementation (5 years).
• Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, and design patterns for building highly scalable Big Data Solutions and distributed applications.
• Extensive experience troubleshooting issues in complex, distributed systems.
• 5 years’ experience architecting, developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale enterprise data platforms both on premise as well as cloud.
• 5 years of experience analyzing data with SQL and implementing large-scale RDBMS.
• 5 years’ experience designing software for performance, reliability and scalability.
• 5 years of programming proficiency in a subset of Python, R, Java, and Scala.
• 2 years of building solutions leveraging NoSQL and highly distributed databases such as HBase and Cassandra.
• 2 years of experience implementing cloud-based systems (AWS/Azure/GCP).
• 3 years’ proficiency in configuring and deploying applications on Linux-based systems.
• 5 years of implementing data pipelines in large-scale data analysis systems such as Hadoop or MPP databases.
• 3 years of experience Spark or similar engines.
• 5 years of experience in data flow and systems integration.
• 3 Experience operationalizing and integrating analytics models and solutions within products and applications.
• Machine Learning is a big plus Education and Experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field and 10 years of technical experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field and 7 years of technical experience
• Travel: Some travel may be required (up to 25%).
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT