CTG QE TEST SPECIALIST in Cary, North Carolina
QE TEST SPECIALIST
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Sep 10, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Our client’s Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a QE-Test Specialist in the Product Development organization. The role requires a dynamic agile engineering mindset, patience and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.This is a 6 month contract with the potential to hire.
The testing function within QE works closely with product development and provides verification and validation on our client’s products, solutions and services to ensure a high-quality customer experience, to protect and grow the client’s brand and to reduce the cost of support. In contrast to traditional QA organizations, our QE-testing function operates as an engineering discipline within the overall engineering and networks organization with the charter to design, develop and execute tests with a continuous focus on automation.
While the QE-testing function supports developers as they write unit tests, the primary focus for QE- testing is on test validation and customer delivery readiness across software, firmware and hardware, covering functional and non-functional characteristics of products and solutions. The scope for QE- includes Functional, Contract/SLA, Performance, Security and tests that reflect E2E customer usage and deliver differentiated customer experience.
What you’ll get to do:
• Apply agile engineering best practices to analyze customer usage scenarios, focus on test design and support the quality engineering group’s commitment to driving continuous quality
• Develop tests and support development of products and solutions using automation, test-driven development, continuous integration and other comparable practices to iterative development and incremental delivery
• In an Agile and DevOps environment, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you
• Build your tests day-to-day like a start-up – collaboratively, incrementally and iteratively – but with the security and resources of roadmaps, plans and tools
• Collaborate in a deeply cross functional way with developers, designers, product manager and support Roll up your sleeves and put your heads together to brainstorm requirements for feature tests, end-to-end tests and ideate solutions for thorny issues
• Release to pre-production (and potentially even production) early and often – you won’t be working on a product for a year before it sees the light of day; we believe in working through validated marketable (deployable) increments
• Get to know your customers’ usage scenarios for products and solutions and support the process of providing assurance to the product manager and system integration teams
• Test and learn – You are empowered to identify problems and improvement opportunities, formulate hypotheses, and experiment with solutions
• Work with a talented, passionate, mission-driven and energized team who values your input
Who we’re looking for:
• 6+ years of experience in designing, executing and improving product and solution focused automated tests in a DevOps centric continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) tooling and automation infrastructure
• End to end solution testing in a lab environment (both device and software)
• Ability to deploy an application on virtual Execution and validation of deployment runbooks/scripts
• Backend testing (database and server-side)
• Experience in web services automation using Java, REST API tool, XML/HTTPS
• Strong experience with Junit, with JAXB, ActiveMQ, Hibernate, Maven, and SQL
• Experience in testing non-functional characteristics covering security, usability, load, performance and availability
• Experience using Zephyr, Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Concordion, BDD/ Urbancode Energy and passion to learn about emerging technologies and find opportunities to apply them on the job
• Experience in a multi-platform environment, including cloud technology
• Experience with software engineering, development and infrastructure automation
• Ability to identify issues, support and provide real time solutions for them
• Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues both collaboratively and independently
• Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies, methodologies and best practices
• Experience with applying Lean principles, Agile practices and working in a DevOps environment
• Strong communication skills accompanied by effective influencing and collaboration skills
• Background and experience in networks, telecommunication or device integration (hardware- firmware-software) is highly desired but not required
• Experience with wireless technologies (mesh, cellular, and network management) is preferred
• Cucumber or other comparable tools
• Ability to learn quickly and balance multiple testing activities across product lines
• Experience with some or all of the following CI/CD tooling:
• Ansible, Sauce Labs, Selenium, Git, Docker, Nexus, Jenkins,
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Testing, Qualification & Validation
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No