CTG Program & Project Support Manager in Cary, North Carolina
Program & Project Support Manager
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Jan 22, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
POSITION/TITLE: Program & Project Support Manager
RATES: Pay is $35/hour
Coordinate and support a new business innovation approach to ensure continued future sustainable and profitable growth for the Environmental Science (ES) and Vegetable Seeds (VS) businesses in its key global markets. The focus will be to develop a transformational innovation culture, capability and competence by implementing incubation and acceleration processes, programs and governance structures. Creating an effective structure and organization to enhance and accelerate an internal “build your own” corporate start-up engagement imperative to capture transformational disruptive opportunities
Focusing on ideas, projects and start-up ventures projects that enable market-creating innovation, securing new growth opportunities beyond organic and acquired growth options. This Innovation approach is decentralized regionally and within close proximity to the commercial operations, as a true “innovation on the edge” initiative.
The position has three key focal points:
(1) to implement, coordinate and support an externally benchmarked incubation and acceleration program. Support building capacity and capabilities for the development, piloting and commercialization of a portfolio of new start-up ventures independent from the core businesses in ES and VS.
(2) Support the Global Lead to guide and mentor all Idea Champions and Venture Leads with the lean start-up methodology during incubation and acceleration phases allowing all to innovate, (test & learn), experiment commercially and scale the start-up businesses successfully.
(3) Support the establishment of an ideation process in both ES and VS to identify and share tools, methodologies and frameworks, which will enable, encourage and enhance bottom-up customer centric ideation ensuring a healthy pipeline of ideas for potential inclusion in the established incubation and acceleration programs.
Major tasks and responsibilities of position:
The Program & Project Support Manager for Transformational Innovation responsibilities:
• Implement and develop an Incubation and Acceleration Program to build capacity and capability in the two businesses to innovate new value creation and capture models. Help assemble, coordinate, and support innovation teams and outside consultants though the innovation process - from initial exploration through to scaling. Track and report on all projects providing guidance as applicable and being an initial gatekeeper through each step.
• Support the establishment a Center of Excellence for Transformational Innovation, monitor ongoing suitability of processes and success metrics for the Idea Champions, Venture Leads and their respective team members to execute on.
• Support the developing an entrepreneurial culture that embrace concept of designing, developing, and launching a minimum viable product or service in a foothold market, with an emergent strategy.
• Create and test the environment for the successful, design, development and establishment of a more agile, dynamic and flexible approach to business model development, new to the company. An innovation culture that will support methodical testing, de-risking and validating assumptions rapidly increasing business confidence for each idea/project/venture.
• ES and VS Venture team members, on metrics and progress
• Idea Champions and Team members with Internal Innovation Coaches of all global transformational ideas on methodology, metrics and progress.
• Various Core Business Teams (US, EU, Japan & China Business Lead, Project Manager, Product Development Managers, Marketing Lead, Marketing Communications) for integration.
• BCS/ES/VS Regional Country Group Managers (worldwide) for the roll out of the Incubation Program and accelerated ventures.
• TI Technology and Prototyping Lead and Leadership Team Assistants.
• Venture Studios and Venture Capital Partners interface/exchange.
• Contemporary business theorist and academics interface/exchange
• Business and Innovation Consultant Interface / exchange
• Research Vendor Interface / exchange
• Industry Leaders and various Customer Interactions
• Degree in Science/Technology and/or Business Administration. (MBA or equivalent preferred)
• 1-2+ years business experience of which majority in a start-up or business management environment.
• International business experience, with excellent and proven intercultural skills.
• Proven ability and experience to work independently, experience as a project lead or in project management preferred.
• Strong presentation, communication and decision-making skills to build and maintain with strong credibility a good network and relationships across the entire organization.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated and with a passion for building businesses
• Experience or knowledge of various contemporary innovation practices and approaches.
• Ability, under time pressure, to address and resolve difficult situations, a strong sense of accountability and perseverance
• Excellent language skills, (English is mandatory, a second foreign language would be beneficial)
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. Today, we provide comprehensive information, technology, and business solutions that address critical challenges for clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. Backed by a proven track record of reliable delivery, CTG fosters long-term client relationships and trust, which allows us to develop strategic insights that maximize client investments and competitive advantage. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Project Management & Administration
Education Level: Master's Degree (±18 years)
Work Remote: No