CTG BUS SYSTEMS ANALYST V in Buffalo, New York
Title: BUS SYSTEMS ANALYST V
Job Number: 18211029
CTG is searching for a Business Systems Analyst on behalf of our client. The role will sit onsite at either Buffalo NY or Millsboro DE. This is a contract position with possibility of permanent hire.
Ideal candidates will have experience as a Business Analyst in a banking environment, prior knowledge of Commercial Credit Card products is helpful.
Understanding of the Commercial Credit Card Products; to include but not limited to Rewards/Rebates,
Commercial Credit Card Operational knowledge, and an understanding of the processes of the vendor
TSYS as it applies to Commercial Credit Card processing.
· Facilitates complex technical projects requiring system changes from proposal through post
· Consults with internal application owners to identify their requirements in application look and feel to the
end user and provides appropriate feedback.
· Serves as project lead to ensure test plans and functional specifications for assigned projects are
completed in a timely basis and meets established milestones.
· Prepares functional specifications for assigned projects, test plans, test scripts and their execution to
maintain application integrity and provide a risk-adverse software solution that meets business needs.
· Completes analysis for complex data specific to application fields and definitions, interfacing methods,
necessary data provisions and the overall business process to ensure accurate functional design of
· Serves as mentor to less experienced staff by assisting with application training, research analysis and
project methodology consultation.
· Serve as functional lead on complex projects for assigned applications.
· Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced personnel on project team.
· Schedule and facilitate project team meetings and document and distribute minutes as applicable to
ensure all team members are informed and issues are addressed.
· Meet with internal application owners to discuss requested application changes related to enterprise-wide
or business initiatives, compliance/regulatory requirements, system changes due to contractual
agreements or system maintenance (business as usual [BAU]) ensuring a thorough understanding of
specifications for assigned applications.
· Participate in design discussions and ensure required functional specifications are documented and
delivered for application changes for complex projects.
· Consult with internal application owners to identify their requirements in application look and feel to the
end user and provide appropriate feedback regarding business requirements to ensure technology
applications support internal/external customer needs and products/services provided by the business.
· Review business requirements with technology team to ensure understanding of project requirements.
· Coordinate and provide estimates for complex projects and complete estimates for assigned component
for large projects, inclusive of timelines, application and project phases.
· Serves as subject matter expert to internal application owners and project members to consult and advise
on how applications may be impacted by enterprise-wide initiatives, such as an acquisition or major
change in products/services provided customers to ensure all facets are considered.
· Work with pertinent vendors and technical team to gain thorough understanding of project functionality
and provide insight on implementation.
· May serve as Test Coordinator for large project initiatives involving multiple applications to ensure all
testing needs are met across all interfacing applications.
· Participate in and document data mapping for integration of systems, conversion and acquisition related
projects to understand how applications may need to change or be impacted by enterprise-wide
initiatives, like regulatory requirements, other system enhancements or business initiatives.
· Work with other testing teams, as required by potential impacts to interfacing applications, to prepare test
plans and scripts based on functional specifications.
· Work with other testing teams to manage and/or execute test scripts verifying that changes and
enhancements work and perform as required.
· Serve as functional lead with other project team members on other systems that impact specific projects
to ensure no adverse impact to other systems.
· Monitor functional specifications and change requests to ensure project stays within scope and meets
regulatory requirements, while ensuring adherence to business requirements and Corporate Technology
· Ensure the Bank process and documentation is followed to comply with Corporate Technology standards
and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure change requests to functional specifications are consistently documented, reviewed and resolved
to identify impacts to overall project plan and budget, technology, customers and clients and ensure
application is working to support products and services required by the business.
· Ensure efficient and timely resolution of issues arising from testing or implementation to ensure expected
· Ensure issues, incidences and questions are documented, reported as resolved as required.
· Coordinate and manage post implementation follow-up related to application changes by getting
feedback from application owners, resolving any issues and completing a project debrief including actual
to plan for timeline, financials, achievement of project goals and assessment and future mitigation of
· Assist management in developing expense and capital budgets and employee appraisals. Understand
and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the
Company’s Risk Appetite.
· Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
· Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
· Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit
points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
· Complete other related duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
· The position requires an individual with an advanced knowledge and detailed focus of the entire system
to work on projects outside of normal BAU.
· The position has direct interaction with internal business clients on a regular basis for complex projects.
· The position works independently with minimal supervision.
· The position provides guidance and training to less experienced team members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree and 6 years’ operational/business analytics experience, or in lieu of a
degree, a combined minimum of 8 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum
of 6 years’ operational/business analytics experience.
· Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
· Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature.
· Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
· Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
· Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms.
· Ability to understand business(es) supported and its’ terminology.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Strong lateral thinking skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Ability to coordinate between Applications and business units.
· Ability to drive project milestones and delivery dates.
· Ability to recommend and implement system solutions.
· Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
· Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being
· Mastered understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated
· Good understanding of the Bank’s application framework. Ability to work in a team environment as well as
· Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects. Mastered knowledge and focus of the
entire system to work on projects outside of normal BAU.
To be considered please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contact Mike Cleri at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-888-3415. Kindly forward to any other interested parties - thank you! W2 employees only, please no C2C.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT