CTG Analytical Scientist in Berkeley, California
Title: Analytical Scientist
Job Number: 19206319
CTG Inc. has been a highly respected provider of contract personnel throughout the United States for more than fifty years.
Currently, our valued client in Berkeley, CA has an opening for an Analytical Scientist. This position is a 9-month contract, with the potential for continuation after the initial contract.
The maximum W2 hourly pay rate is $42/hr., based on experience and ability.
POSITION/TITLE: Analytical Scientist
$32 to $ 42/hr pay rate
DEPARTMENT/TEAM: Manufacturing Sciences and Technology Department Labs
DESCRIPTION: The primary function of the MSAT Lab group is to support manufacturing by performing lab experiments and this scientist position will be working for MSAT analytical lab.
Analytical Scientist possessing depth of knowledge of protein biochemistry and analytical techniques, who will apply their expertise and hands-on skills to protein and biologics analysis.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Independently plan and execute analytical testing following SOPs or protocol after training.
• Accurately follow established test methods and procedures to generate data and maintain complete and accurate records of laboratory work. Provide basic data analysis and interpretation.
• Plan and execute experimental studies to meet project goals and timelines. Provide basic data analysis and interpretation after analytical testing.
• Assist/Lead the transfer of analytical methods, and be able to recognize and respond to unexpected or anomalous observations in lab activities.
• Support, maintain, and troubleshoot analytical laboratory instruments.
• Responsible for lab management task, including sample and reagent inventory management, instrument and logbook maintenance, et, al)
• Ensures laboratory safety protocols are followed
• PhD with 0 to 2 years, or master with 2 years, or BS/BA (Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biochemical or Chemical Engineering) with over 4 years of hands-on experience in analytical chemistry lab, ideally in the biopharmaceutical or biotech industry environment.
Skill & Competency Requirements:
Competency with common laboratory operations, including accurate weighing, dilution, pH measurement, UV assay and similar techniques.
Demonstrate good understanding and knowledge of protein chemistry and common analytical techniques for protein/biologics analysis (such as HPLC/UPLC/SEC, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE, ICP-MS) and method/instrument trouble-shooting
Must be comfortable with collaboration with bioprocess scientists/engineers supporting bioprocess (cell-culture, purification, drug product) related project.
4.. Strong communication skills and ability to maintain good record keeping.
- Previous GMP process support experience is desirable
If interested, apply below or send your resume to Rachel Bruso at email@example.com. Please reference job #19206319 in the subject line.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.