CTG SENIOR PCT DESIGNER in Baytown, Texas
Title: SENIOR PCT DESIGNER
Job Number: 18211644
Our client in Baytown, TX has a long-term (1 year ) opening for a contract Senior PCT Designer.
• Able to execute the design activities of mid sized capital projects under the supervision of a PCT Job Leader.
• Assist in the coordination of PCT project activities with Lead PCT engineer assigned to the project.
• Able to liaison between Project Team members, plant Production/Maintenance groups, construction and outside vendors.
• Assure quality of design through design and checking reviews.
• Capable of field inspection and verification of existing PCT equipment and systems in existing operating units within the Covestro plant.
• Must be able to communicate and coordinate design activities with other engineering disciplines such as piping, civil/structural and mechanical.
• Capable of producing design documentation from specifications, vendor literature and preliminary sketches developed from field inspection trips and/or engineer/job leader instructions.
• Capable of liaisoning with Project Team, plant Production/Maintenance groups and construction when directed by PCT job leader.
• Request information from PCT job leader and engineers in a timely fashion.
• Interpretation of project scope and implementation of Covestro design standards, specifications and engineering procedures to produce design documentation including, but not limited to:
480V MCC One Lines
Motor Elementary Diagrams
Power, Lighting and Grounding Plans
Cable Tray Plans and Details
DCS Wiring Interconnections Diagrams
Field Junction Box Interconnection Diagrams
Instrument Location Plans
Instrument Loop Diagrams
Bill of Materials
• Should be familiar with SmartPlant Intools ‘Wiring’ module necessary to produce design documentation including, but not limited to:
Field Junction Box Interconnection Wiring Diagrams
DCS Marshalling and Termination Rack Interconnection Wiring Diagrams
Instrument Loop Diagrams
Installation Details (Hook Ups)
• Generate Bill of Materials/Material Usage Reports
• Prepare Scopes of Work to assist and coordinate the construction effort of assigned projects.
• Willing to assist field construction personnel in the construction and start-up phases of capital projects.
• Capable in the usage of computer aided software such as Microstation, Plant Design Review and Microsoft Excel/Word. Should be familiar with SmartPlant 3-D modeling.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma/G.E.D with additional specialized/technical training or some college courses and 10 to 12 years’ experience required, or Associate Degree and 8 to 10 years’ experience preferred
• Four and more years minimum experience in chemical, industrial or pharmaceutical facilities in I&E / PCT design or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of process control and safety system and PCT / I&E design documentation, QA/QC, etc.
• Strong computer hardware and software skills
• Knowledge of relevant national and international standards in the area of process control, low voltage electrical, and instrumentation, including NEC and ISA standards
• Knowledge of project control skills including project design
• Demonstrated experience in providing field support and participating in check out, commissioning, and start-up of I&E / PCT installations
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Electrical Engineering