CTG System/Linux/Software Test Specialist in Austin, Texas
Title: System/Linux/Software Test Specialist
Job Number: 19204167
Computer Task Group (CTG), has an immediate opening for a Functional/System Verification Tester
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 12 months
Tax Terms: W-2 (No C2C or 1099)
Functional Verification Test Engineer -
Looking for a person who can work on a fast-paced team responsible for functional testing Power and Linux software for IBM Power servers.
At least 5 years of formal testing experience is required. Knowledge of firmware and/or Linux test methodologies is a requirement.
Hands on hardware interactions/manipulations will be part of the role. Familiarity with applying black/white/grey box testing methodologies and automation skills with Python and Robot are both a plus.
Great written and verbal communication skills are required. Test case creation and results documentation in RQM will be part of the job.
Negotiations with testers, development, PMs, and managers will be a regular occurrence.
The understanding or the ability to learn the technical interactions of hardware, firmware, and Linux on Power systems will be required.
Great teamwork skills are also a requirement.
Job Description -
This job is within Firmware development organization (Austin, TX) of Power 9 server development team.
We are looking for a strong Functional Verification Tester to be part of a high performing test organization.
Position demands good understanding in System architecture, server hardware, experience in Linux / any flavor of Unix, good knowledge in System boot process, BIOS and Firmware testing
Key Responsibilities -
– Create Test Plan and develop test cases from the requirements & design document.
– Configure and execute automated test suites.
– Have an understanding and hands on experience in utilization of automated tools, defect management tools.
– Collaborate with other members effectively explaining issues/concerns and aggressively drive bug resolution.
– 4 years B.S. or B.E in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
– Operating System background in Linux, AIX, or IBM-I – Experience in key HW validation (including I/O, processors, memory)
– Experience with Perl/Python or similar scripting languages
– Familiarity with Test Tracking Tools (Rational Quality Manager, ClearQuest, Git Issues)
– Good communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills, self-motivator, excellent team player, leadership skills
– Ability to work independently, Adaptability to work with bigger teams in a global environment
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contact Johna Rogers at email@example.com or call 512-258-1303 ext. 3689. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC)