CTG Parts Agent in Ashland, Virginia
CTG is seeking to fill a Parts Agent opening for our client in Ashland, VA.
Location : Ashland, VA
Duration : Ongoing contract
This position is responsible for the shipping, receiving, and ordering of all items related to the service shop and field service organization. The parts agent shall be responsible for receiving in all items purchased, route product to the appropriate location, accept returned product from service personnel and ship product to vendors, manufacturers, customers, or other ESI locations. The parts agent shall also be able to ship via, UPS, FEDEX and/or freight truck carrier using computer related software and/or other appropriate methods to generate shipping labels to vendors and internal or external customers. Must be able to receive requests for parts through the current accounting system or through a manual request, determine the most efficient and cost effective means of sourcing the item, appropriate the product and provide all necessary information to the call support center, field tech, accounts payable, parts receiving agents and company management. This position requires in-direct supervision.
Duties & Skills:
• Accepts deliveries from carriers and/or warehouse
• Processes and receives correct qty and product numbers into the current accounting system (GP)
• Labels and routes product to the appropriate location (stock, field reps, customers or other ESI locations)
• Accepts returned product from service personnel
• Process shipments via UPS, Fedex, or freight carrier by using current computer software or manual BOL.
• Packages product for shipment to vendor, manufacturer, customer or other ESI locations
• Ensures all information related to shipping is accurate, such as customer name, qtys prepared for shipment, customer address and call number match the
label with the appropriate attention line and GL shipping code.
• Ensures all information related to shipping or receiving is accurate for accounts payable to pay invoices in a timely fashion
• Ensures all information related to the receiving is updated on the service call
• Performs re-stocking of product in car stocks and on the shelf
• Performs physical inventory counts to ensure proper inventory accuracy
• Monitors outstanding orders extending past original ETA date, reviews and updates ETA dates in current accounting system
• Receive requests for product either through the current accounting system or via manual request (verbal, written, email, voicemail, etc.) from service
personnel, or from internal / external customers wanting to purchase parts.
• Check for availability of product in current inventory at all locations
• If unavailable, determine the best source to purchase product based on requirements of service call, availability of product, shipping and purchase costs.
• Create purchase order in accounting system – include all information related to order not limited to estimated time of arrival, tracking information,
vendor/manufacturer order #, price, location to ship product to, any special circumstances.
• Order product from vendor
• Ensure all information related to the order is accurate for the proper and efficient receiving of the product
• Ensure all information related to the order is accurate for accounts payable to pay invoices in a timely fashion
• Ensure all information related to the order is updated on the service call
• Perform regular stocking level analysis of high volume item usage to ensure proper quantities both in the main department and for technician car stocks
• Perform regularly scheduled re-stocking level orders
• Perform physical inventory counts to ensure proper inventory accuracy
• Communicate any information to service personnel, management or customers related to unforeseen problems with orders that may delay the original
expected arrival of the product.
• Seeks guidance and direction as necessary to perform duties
• Create customer quotes and orders through the current accounting system
• Demonstrates good judgment in investigating and resolving problems
• Respects the confidentiality of the customer, company and other personnel
• Keeps supervisor, manager or team leaders informed of problems, potential and actual, that can affect the completion of assigned duties and tasks within
a reasonable period of time.
• Maintains cooperative working relationships with all company employees and customers
• Demonstrates the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations
• Makes the best use of time during the course of the day
• Consistently shows the ability to recognize and deal with priorities
• Reports free time to supervisor and asks for additional assignments
• Performs all duties in an independent manner and with little supervision
• Always provides proper notification and advance notice of absences
• Reports to work on time consistently
• Maintains a well groomed, presentable appearance in accordance with the company’s dress code
• Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
• Maintain high level of quality of work while multi-tasking several items.
• Maintain a high level of accuracy with data entry into the accounting system (currently Great Plains)
• Possess reliable transportation to and from work.
• Working hours may, on occasion, extend past normal working hours
• This position will be evaluated on an annual basis using the attached performance appraisal in addition to any statistical data to be attained as it relates to
performance of duties.
• Target order volume 30-35 items per day
Basic knowledge with respect to:
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Possess intimate knowledge concerning billing procedures for all service types
• Possess intimate knowledge of purchasing / ordering practices
• Possess intimate knowledge of service types
• Possess excellent data entry skills
• Possess excellent phone skills for every type of situation
• Possess superior listening skills
• Possess excellent inter-personal skills
• Possess knowledge of receiving practices
• Possess intimate knowledge or inventory flow from ordering, allocations and consumption as it relates to the current accounting system
• Possess advanced knowledge of a computer with Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office; emphasis on Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook email,
• Possess excellent organizational skills
• Possess excellent follow-up skills
• Possess excellent math skills
- Required: At least 2 years inventory / purchasing / receiving / shipping experience in a service industry.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: 2 Year College Degree or better
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group are required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided . For additional information, please contact Kimberly Watzek at 716-887-7388 or Kimberly.Watzek@ctg.com . Kindly forward this to any other interested parties. Thank you!
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company in every country in which we operate.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Submit a referral to this job (https://usjobs-ctg.icims.com/jobs/10241/parts-agent/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834384795)
Title Parts Agent