CTG MATERIAL HANDLER -SHIFT 2 in Asheville, North Carolina
Title: MATERIAL HANDLER -SHIFT 2
Job Number: 19203784
Type of ServiceProduction and Industrial
Job Posting TitleMaterial Handler -Shift 2
Job DescriptionMaterial Handler - 2nd shift
Pay Rate: $15.75 / hr
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
At work on time every day and be in your work area when scheduled. Works overtime and weekends when needed to accomplish production goals.
• Operates forklift, hand truck, tugger, buggy or hoist to unload, store and distribute parts and material.
• Performs equipment safety check and completes documentation as required
• Maintains current fork lift certification (we will train)
• Loads, unloads, stores and distributes both purchased material and internally manufactured parts and assemblies.
• Checks purchased material order for accuracy; record parts or material received and delivered, as required.
• Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors. Initiates non-conformance ticket when parts are identified as defective.
• Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or pallet storage area.
• Perform weight counts by selecting sample count to determine base weight per unit of parts; then add parts until required weight is met to generate appropriate part count.
• Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
• Fills pick orders accurately and timely to insure full production rates are supported. Distributes material, parts and assemblies to production lines.
• Scans barcodes to manage and maintain accuracy of inventory storage and change. Places parts in bins or other locations as designated.
• Performs cycle count on designated parts and compares to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjusts errors.
• Monitors the inventory level of basic parts and materials. Notifies supervisor/coordinator or purchasing, as required of inventory shortages.
• Follows HAZMAT safety procedures when handling hazardous materials and completes MRB sheets, and complies with federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
• Performs specific shipping preparation based on order, destination, company and shipping specific requirements to meet customer requests.
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming shipments.
• Coordinates shipping details such as carrier, special crating requirements, etc.
• Wraps product with protective material to protect units during transportation.
• Enters product related information into computer system to track bar codes, locations or production rates.
• Communicates effectively within department or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding materials issues and goals.
• Troubleshoots work related problems to Supervisor, Coordinators or Engineering team.
• Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations in the department as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
• Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
• Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
• Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices and with ISO standards.
• Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development goals.
• Assures that tools and equipment are in proper condition for usage.
• Ability to identify various parts for distribution to production lines and/or to check against purchase orders.
• Requires the ability to read and interpret packing lists and requisition and/or pull lists, write, and complete simple forms.
• Forklift license preferred or be able to obtain certification within three months.
• Knowledge of standard policies/procedures for receiving and/or storage of materials.
• Knowledge of Baan would be a plus.
• Strong organizational skills.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Manufacturing warehouse work experience is preferred.
• Physical Demands: Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology