CTG IT Project Manager / Business Analyst in Anchorage, Alaska
IT Project Manager / Business Analyst
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
May 04, 2022Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is currently seeking an experienced IT Project Manager / Business Analystfor a long term opportunity in Anchorage, AK.
This position must be willing to work onsite in Anchorage, AK. No travelers, C2C or 1099 and sponsorship is not available for this role.
The IT Solutions Analyst is accountable for delivering applications and data integration solutions as well as being the primary IT support for the Alaska Region portfolio. The role is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with customers, global IT, and vendors; understanding both business and IT strategies, developing business requirements and ensuring that IT projects are executed in line with business and IT expectations. This role includes hands-on technical application support and troubleshooting.
The ideal individual should have a background in application lifecycle management, business requirements gathering, solution design and architecture, hands-on technical capability, and the ability to clearly articulate and communicate solution benefits and risks. The position is also responsible for representing the business needs when working within Global IT while advocating IT policies, strategies, and processes.
• Serve as a business analyst through gathering, documenting, understanding business requirements and translation of those requirements to technical requirements to deliver innovative and value-adding solutions to the business
• Provide timely estimates of IT efforts required to complete tasks/projects, coordinate and lead plans while providing technical consulting and guidance to development teams for design and development.
• Utilize agile methodologies throughout the development cycle to ensure that functional requirements and usability factors are being satisfied
• Oversee the support and maintenance of assigned applications to ensure a high-level of quality, efficiency, and sustainability by providing day-to-day application support for incidents; prioritizing incidents; and participating on a support rotation providing support for critical production issues
• Partner with Global teams (Server, Cloud, Production Control, Database, Web Services, Packaging, Storage, Disaster Recovery, ServiceDesk, Mobility, GIPA, and other IT teams) as part of ongoing operations
• Provide technical support and diagnosis of application, server, database, and cloud/web services
• Produce code, scripts, and configurations necessary to fulfill the design requirements
• Create and update documentation for ongoing support of vended and developed applications
• Adhere to all ConocoPhillips established programming, documentation, change management, project procedures and all corporate policies
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field or foreign equivalent
• 1+ years’ experience in an application support or application development role
• 1+ years’ experience in a Business Analyst role (business requirements gathering & translation)
• Intermediate knowledge with SQL query writing and scripting
• Intermediate experience with relational database (Oracle, SQL Server, or Teradata)
• Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, preferably with IT BU support (i.e. supporting Exploration, Operations, or Production)
• Hands-on application development and scripting experience (Java, Python, VB .NET, PL/SQL, Perl, C#, etc.)
• Experience with ServiceNow & Demand Management
• Experience implementing and integrating IoT devices, remote sensors, predictive or machine learning applications
• Experience with application development in low-code software platforms such as Mendix
• Experience with Agile/SAFe/SCRUM Principles
• Experience with Microsoft ADO
• Experience with UNIX, LINUX, and Windows based systems
• Experience with integration principles and processes
• Experience applying petroleum engineering principles and practices to solution design
• Working knowledge of IT and information systems implementation concepts, with an awareness of the full application management lifecycle
To be considered, please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided.
Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquires may be conducted.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company in every country in which we operate.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Project Management & Administration
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No