CTG Electro-Mechancial Engineer (or Mechanical or Electrical Engineer) in Ames, Iowa
Electro-Mechancial Engineer (or Mechanical or Electrical Engineer)
Ames, Iowa, United States
Jul 26, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking anElectro-Mechanical Engineer (or Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer)for our client in Ames, Iowa.
Location: Downtown Ames, IA
Tax Terms: W-2 (No C2C or 1099)
Computer Task Group (CTG) is seeking a Senior Mechanical or Electrical Engineer in Ames, IA.
To investigate accident sites, vehicles, and equipment, research and document evidence and determine damage, and provide clients with expert opinions.
Duties and responsibilities
• Conduct investigations of vehicles, equipment, and accident sites to document the evidence and determine the scope of damage.
• Investigate and assess damages due to failures and determine the origin of failure for insurers and litigation support.
• Research, evaluate, analyze and test the causation of accidents and failures.
• Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to produce detailed reports outlining the cause of the accident.
• Serve as an expert witness in court and/or in depositions.
• Document and maintain billable hours on a time and expense basis for failure analysis and engineering projects for clients.
• Collaborate with Engineering’s team of forensic experts to leverage experiences and assist on projects.
• Pro-actively pursue additional training and mentoring opportunities, in additional to added education and/or certifications.
Education and Licensing:
• Professional Engineering (PE) license is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred from an accredited college or university.
Five (5) years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Excellent oral and written communication
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Analytical and interpretive skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
• Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
• Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead,
• Be able lift/carry up to 50 pounds
• Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
• Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contactJohna Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time