CTG Software Engineer II in Albany, New York
Software Engineer II
Albany, New York, United States
Nov 13, 2019Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
We are seeking experienced software development professionals to use their creativity to solve complex problems and implement new features in our enterprise software suite. Candidates should be able to come into an existing code base and improve upon what has been created.
• Following software design documents to produce well-documented, logical code
• Creating test-cases and/or unit tests
• Participating in multi-person development projects
• Estimating implementation time for user stories and/or feature requirements, and scheduling work to meet fixed deadlines
B.S. in Computer Science (or related field)
4-6 years of programming experience
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with peers to find solutions to programming problems that improve performance of the program and maintainability without regard to ownership of the solution.
• Discuss and define the goals of the system.
• Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis to the development and testing of computer programs.
Preferred Skills or Knowledge
Advanced problem solving skills
Ability to work in a team setting
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Application Management & Support
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: No