CTG Production Technician in Wilmington, North Carolina
Title: Production Technician
Job Number: 17203536
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting Position, 12 months with probable extension or possible direct hire
Project Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Title: Production Technician
Shift: M-F 8-5, some potential for OT, on-call rotation every 6-8 weeks
Pay Rates: $16-22.50/hour based on experience and benefits choice
Provides first, second and third level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues in the department. Works hands-on with manufacturing equipment and activities. Identifies and supports process improvements. Uses judgment, experience and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations.
• Provide first, second and third level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues
• Receive training from engineering in technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) areas, on new processes/equipment and/or on procedural changes
• Serve as a SME in specific technical areas to minimize engineering production support requirements
• Develop/maintain a system to keep production teams current on process, equipment and procedures
• Work with support groups and production teams to coordinate and direct equipment start-up, repair, troubleshooting, and process changes
• Preventive Maintenance support
• Help department achieve safety and Lean goals
• Receive training in new processes/equipment and/or procedure changes from engineering
• Provide technical training for associates
Required Skills and Experience
• Two year electrical/mechanical technical degree preferred
• 2 year degree - 5 years of work experience
• 4 year degree - 3 years of experience
• HS graduates with 10 years of experience and demonstrated skills
• Good process and equipment troubleshooting skills
• Mechanically and Electrically inclined (aptitude for both)
• Ability to handle/prioritize multiple tasks as necessary
• Good written and verbal communication skills (detailed oriented)
• Ability to train effectively
• PC proficient (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Passdown)
• Willing to act as a motivator and role model for the shift
• Controlled response in emergency situations
• Capable of using Diagnostic equipment
• Basic understanding of PLC
• PC – Data Analysis (PI, etc.)
• Electrical test equipment
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.Carroll@ctg.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Machine/Equipment Operations