CTG SYSTEMS ENGINEER in Webster, New York
Title: SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Job Number: 17203379
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer for a 12 month contract assignment.
If interested, please immediately apply to this requisition. For additional information please call the recruiter, Stephanie Devincenzi at (716) 888-4125
All candidates will need to submit via our website for consideration to CTG job # 17203379
Thank you for your interest!
W2 ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP OR 1099.
Essential Job Functions:
CPD System Administrator
Individual will be responsible for creating/updating PC images, employee onboarding/debarking, assisting computer/network users with issues, installing and configuring software, administering Windows/Linux servers, applying patches and anti-virus, light to moderate network administration (DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, WiFi), and maintaining team’s virtual test lab environment. This individual must have genuine enthusiasm and passion for technology and its application to solve business problems, have the ability to adjust quickly to frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and a passion for continuous learning and being on the cutting edge of technology. Responsibilities will also include creation or assisting in creation of plans for strategic improvements in the organization of and technologies used in the current infrastructure implementation.
· Create/update PC images
· User account creation and management across a number of internal solutions
· Acquire & configure PC/Phone/Network hardware
· Installation and configuration of Windows/Linux/Mac operating systems and applications
· User support for PC hardware, software, and network issues
· Windows/Linux server administration
· Apply patches and anti-virus in accordance with Xerox security standards
· Light to moderate network administration (DNS, Active Directory, DHCP), working with domain and corporate IT admins as needed
· VM creation and management within the team’s virtual lab hosted in Hyper-V
· Special virtual test environment setups relate to printing (Clusters, AD, Citrix, Novell)
· Document procedures and keep detailed notes to ensure efficient and accurate step reproduction and debugging in future
· Scripting repetitive, time-consuming, and/or error-prone tasks using Powershell
· Hardware and Software Asset Tracking and Management
· Windows PC/Server administration (Win 7, Server 2008, Win 8.x, Win 10, Server 2012, Server 2016)
· Linux Server administration (Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris, others)
· Network administration (DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, WiFi)
· Solid communication skills, written and verbal
· Effective communication with peers and ability to multitask and work in a team environment
· Understanding of Agile software development and Scrum methodologies a plus
· Ability to learn new applications and technologies quickly
· Ability to debug and troubleshoot technology problems with speed and accuracy
· Scripting using PowerShell, batch, and/or Unix shell
Qualities/Attributes of Systems Administrator:
· Internally motivated, hardworking, and tenacious
· Able to roll with frequently changing priorities
· Technically competent, having an understanding of current and future technologies
· Passionate about their project and their job
· Passionate about learning new technology and figuring out how to apply it to their project
· A problem solver who enjoys solving technical issues and growing their domain knowledge
· Approachable by his/her teammates and works well with others
· Support direction set by manager and helps define it or re-define it when necessary
· Methodical in how problems are solved
· Meticulous in maintaining accurate, up to date documentation/notes
· 3 - 5 years Windows Systems Administration
· Minimum: BS Degree in CS, Information Management/Technology, related field, or equivalent.
· Preferred: MS Degree in CS, Information Management/Technology
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT