CTG Automation Test Engineer in Webster, New York
Title: Automation Test Engineer
Job Number: 17203895
Our client in Webster, NY has an immediate opening for an Automation Test Engineer for a 12 month contract assignment.
Essential job functions:
This position is for an Automation Test Engineer who will be part of the product development team in an Agile/Scrum capacity. The Test Engineer position includes responsibility for developing and automating robust and comprehensive test cases, in a dynamic team environment. The Test Engineer is also responsible for executing the software regression test suite in an effort to maintain the high level of quality required for our software.
This position requires a candidate that has in-depth knowledge and experience with computer operating systems and their installation, along with an understanding of the role of testing within the software development lifecycle.
The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated, creative individual with strong research and problem solving skills, able to work well independently or in a team. The candidate must also be a quick learner who enjoys the challenge of independently investigating new technologies and acquiring new skills.
Essential Functions may include:
• Designing, developing and/or maintaining custom test scripts, software and infrastructure for functional, UI and integration testing of the client applications in a Windows environment or on the iOS platform.
• Analyze test results and create summary reports to be presented to the development team, as well as, project leaders.
• Work with developers providing feedback on product test results as needed. Answer developer questions relating to defects found, etc.
• Install, configure & manage Microsoft Windows (All Versions) and IIS & MS SQL Server, as needed.
• Create and manage VMWare virtual machines.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related field
• 5 years experience as a Test Engineer or equivalent, with experience delivering high quality results while utilizing testing best practices.
• Self-motivated, pro-active, and organized individual that works well independently or within a team.
• Experience with, as well as a demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly on any new technical domain that spans a diverse group of features.
• Demonstrated ability to work within an established time frame to complete projects, and put in extra effort when situations call for it.
• Previous experience working with Windows/iOS/MAC/Android based applications strongly desired.
Tools and Technologies:
• Experience with Automation test tools such as Selenium and other freeware automation tools.
• Visual Studio .NET, using C# & .NET Framework
• Visual Studio Team System for Testers - Web & Unit Testing Tools, Team Foundation Server, ADO.NET, Regular Expressions
• MS SQL Server 2008 : T-SQL, SQL Server Profiler, SSRS
• VMWare: Lab Manager, ESX Server
• Windows Performance Monitor
Experience would be a plus to have:
• Micro Focus TestPartner , using VB, VBA
• Fiddler (HTTP Debugging Proxy)
• Web technologies: HTML, HTTP, XML, ASP.NET, IIS, Jscript, VBScript
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Administrative Assistant & Clerical