CTG REVENUE TEAM PROJECTS LEAD in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Title: REVENUE TEAM PROJECTS LEAD
Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Job Number: 17203792
The Revenue Team Lead is an integral part of the revenue team, reporting directly to the Revenue Manager. The Revenue Team Lead has responsibility for operational and technical accounting aspects of the Company’s Projects streams. This is an excellent opportunity to join a lean and nimble team at a growing company. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of revenue accounting systems, processes and best practices along with a thorough knowledge of revenue accounting technical requirements. The candidate must be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills and be very hands-on.
• Own the revenue cycle including review of contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with current and emerging accounting pronouncements
• Knowledge of the different Project types (Completed Contract, Times & Material, Fixed Price ) so as to give guidance to the Operations team what type Project contracts will be utilized
• Analysis of worldwide projects details, provide guidance and work with Operations and Delivery teams
• Establish strong working relationships with key contacts in other departments including Sales, Product Management, Sales Operations, Legal and IT
• Review the Projects Module in oracle and ensure all Projects are correctly reflected
• Responsible for the monthly revenue close, which includes review of transaction processing, preparation of journal entries and deferred revenue and accrued income account reconciliations and analysis of revenue and deferred revenue
• Proactively research technical revenue issues and respond to revenue questions related to new or non-standard contract terms, product/service offerings and marketing programs
• Prepare management reports including revenue analysis and metrics
• Assist with development of new models and reports to support revenue forecasting function
• Manage processes to measure and maintain global VSOE and BESP compliance
• Review customer arrangements and external communications for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
• Prepare audit and quarterly review schedules
• Ensure financial systems are appropriate for tasks performed and are developed, tested and implemented appropriately
• 4 years of revenue recognition experience, preferably with Big 4 Public Accounting or corporate experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (plus CPA preferred)
• Knowledge of revenue recognition US GAAP (ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASC 985-606)
• Excellent presentation and communication skills are required to communicate technical accounting requirements to non-technical audience
• Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills
• Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Strong financial systems background and Oracle experience is a plus
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT