CTG NETWORK OPERATIONS ANALYST in Raleigh, North Carolina
Title: NETWORK OPERATIONS ANALYST
Job Number: 17205151
We're hiring! Our client located in Raleigh, NC is looking to interview / hire a Network Operations Analyst. This position is a 6 month contract that has the potential of conversion to a direct hire position.
This position participates as a key member of the Network Operation Center which is responsible for continuous monitoring and support of IT services. This position provides hardware, software, and application support including proactive and reactive monitoring, trending, analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation of production issues. The Network Operation Center Analyst must be self-motivated and have a high sense of urgency to identify issues and develop appropriate resolutions. This position may be a combination of day shift and night shift work. This position reports to the Network Operations Center Manager, in the Information Technology department.
• Monitor, identify, investigate, and troubleshoot Infrastructure performance issues
• Coordinate service providers’ data, voice, and Internet services orders and installation
• Assist with Installation, cabling, and removal of Data Center and network access closet equipment
• Provide tiered Infrastructure support and services
• Assist in creation and modification of procedural and inventory documentation
• Effectively use Infrastructure analysis tools to troubleshoot
• Communicate (oral and written) with end-users, staff, and vendors in a timely fashion
• Compose time-sensitive outage, maintenance, and after-action reports
• Implement and document troubleshooting techniques to isolate Infrastructure problems to improve performance or restore services
• Provide remote support and participate in on call rotation
• Maintain and Create Network Operations Center related documentation
• Schedule will be some day shift and some night shift required
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of personnel
• Strong client-service orientation and focus
• Solid written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Self-motivation, and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Willingness to flex work-hours within/beyond typical workday as well as participation in sharing the On Call duties is expected.
• Experience with Cisco networking equipment
• Netapp SAN
• Cisco / Dell Servers
• Windows Server 2008 and higher
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux – 6 and higher
• Vmware Server Virtualization
• Enterprise Backup and Recovery Systems
• Scripting and Automation
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience IT experience in an enterprise environment
• Associate degree in Information Technology or related experience desired.
• Microsoft, VMware, Cisco certifications desired.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT