CTG Field Service Technician in Portland, Oregon
Title: Field Service Technician
Job Number: 17205347
Our client in Portland, OR has an immediate opening for a Field Service Technician for a long term contract assignment.
This position pays $24.24 per hour and requires driving with your own vehicle
If interested, please immediately apply to this requisition. For additional information please call the recruiter, James Dale at 888-414-6076 ext 5614
All candidates will need to submit via our website for consideration to CTG job # 17205347
Thank you for your interest!
W2 ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP OR 1099.
Essential job functions:
A fully qualified technician, the Field Service Technician applies a broad working knowledge of electronics to a wide variety of assignments through the application of technical concepts, practices and procedures. The incumbent generally is a member of quick-response customer support team and works on moderately complex work orders with normal to critical deadlines, and typically operates independently to troubleshoot hardware/software equipment problems, and to set up, install, configure, maintain, relocate, and/or repair a variety of electronic computing and communications equipment, software and/or peripherals. Works with general oversight on assignments that are more complex.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Position requires a responsible, reliable and quick-to-respond technical professional to provide varied maintenance duties for transportation systems. Installs, checks out, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies equipment. Implements preventive maintenance process and keeps performance and maintenance records on equipment. Additionally, participates in the initial installation phase of a project.
· Performs routine duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas. Calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems. Works from written or verbal instructions. May operate equipment; perform limited amount of troubleshooting and well defined problem identification; perform calibration and alignment checks, reporting data in prescribed format.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
· Must have a good knowledge of the following equipment: DVOM (Digital Volt-Ohm Meter), Oscilloscopes, Amp-Probes and Communication Breakout Boxes. Must be familiar with Logic pulsers and probes, Communication protocol analyzers, LAN Sniffers, Power Quality Monitors and Computer Based Testing (Checklist). Should possess a mechanical aptitude towards using hand tools to include, but not limited to: drill motors, band saws, screwdrivers (manual and electric), hammer drills, and crimpers.
· Fulfills work orders/service calls to install, maintains and/or repairs traffic loops, Cameras, video systems, computer equipment and peripherals, including, but not limited to the following:
· Troubleshoots hardware, software, and/or network operating problems. Uses basic and specialized test equipment to diagnose and analyze difficulties.
· May troubleshoot related communications problems; e.g., in a LAN environment, applying a knowledge of wiring, standard cable connections and wire closets/MAUs. Takes appropriate corrective action, interfacing with vendor, carrier, client and ACS’ staff as necessary.
· Performs preventive hardware maintenance, replacement and repair (to sub-assembly/ component level) of video components, microprocessor components, peripherals and associated/designated communications and information management equipment. Majority of work is completed at roadside locations adjacent to traffic intersections.
· Sets up, assembles, installs, configures, reconfigures, modifies, moves and/or relocates hardware/software at Traffic Equipment site locations. Ensures upgrades are configured and installed on schedule. Uses standard hand and power tools and technical manuals. May work with multiple vendors, manufacturers, etc.
· Maintains work order documentation, technical schematics and diagrams.
· May assist in providing training to other technicians.
· Must be willing to travel to various areas for installation and service to assigned systems.
· Duties may require physical exertion, including reaching, carrying and lifting heavy equipment, up to 50 pounds. Duties require on-call accessibility, occasional after hour’s activity and travel (10–20%).
· Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
· Vocational, trade school, or military technical training or an associate degree in electrical, electronic technology, or equivalent work experience. 3-5 years progressively responsible experience, demonstrating familiarity with a broad range of electronic equipment. Video Component, CCTV experience, traffic control systems, and radar equipment experience is desired.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT