CTG CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Title: CLOUD SECURITY ENGINEER
Job Number: 17203212
CTG is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to work at their client's site in Pittsburgh, PA 15205. This is a 7 month contract position with the potential to extend longer.
Scientific Computing Competence Center – Infrastructure team supporting scientific research teams.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you’ll design and build cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS) applications with the need to protect the client against ongoing and potential security threats. This role requires the ability to help define new cloud security strategies that meet Global Security standards.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• You will drive cloud security engineering for our enterprise IT and Business IT teams in both IaaS and PaaS implementations.
• You will be an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security with your domain expertise.
• You will actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
• You will engineer and implement new cloud security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
• Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of Cloud SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
• Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
• Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks
• Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce Cloud IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls
• Work with internal security team for vulnerability scanning using approved software tools and ability to automate
• Thorough understanding of DevOps ideologies and ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization
• Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation. Assist with projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline with 3-5 or more additional years related professional experience.
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• 5 years’ experience as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments
• Experience with Git, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet
• Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Ruby)
• Experience and understanding of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
• Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology
• Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration
• Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
• Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
• Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB
• Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS
• Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Compliance, Legal and Audit organizations.
• Able to work within a team
• Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
Preferences:(list nice-to-haves such a specific knowledge items, certifications, skills, abilities, etc.)
• Scientific IT support background
This position is compensated per hour on a W2 hourly basis (no C2C or 1099's).
Apply below or send your resume to Holly Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 17203212/B-11326 in the subject line.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Security