CTG PROJECT SCHEDULER / MASTER SCHEDULER in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Title: PROJECT SCHEDULER / MASTER SCHEDULER
Job Number: 17203609
Our client in Philadelphia, PA has an immediate opening for a Project Management - Project Scheduler for a 12 month contract assignment.
Essential job functions:
The Senior Project Scheduler will support the Program Manager and Project Managers for the client's public transportation and mobility deliveries. The Project Scheduler is the stakeholder responsible for providing project plans and schedules; schedule visibility and control; and detailed support in the areas of project planning, WBS creation, project tracking; production, analysis and presentation of statistical reports indicating project status, and collecting project metrics.
Roles & Responsibilities
Planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on projects of varying contract types, size complexity, and level of risk.
• Project Planning, Tracking & Analysis
• Schedule Development, Monitoring & Control
• Support on-going process initiatives for Schedule Management
• Work Breakdown Structure Development
• Resource Planning
• Project Status Review Support
• Master Schedule
• Business Development Support – Bid & Proposal
• Evaluate schedule performance and conduct impact analysis for risks and change requests
The senior project scheduler interfaces with the client and all levels of employees in a confident and positive way, while following company processes which follow PMBOK standards and ISO9001 guidelines. The scheduler will interface with Program and Project Managers, Senior Technical personnel (Managers, and Leads), Directors, Functional Managers and support organizations.
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or Mathematics
• Five or more years of schedule management experience on large, complex programs
• Experience creating and managing Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
• Proficiency scheduling with Microsoft Project 2013 using Critical Path Methodology
• Microsoft Enterprise Server and Project Web Access experience highly desired
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• PMP, PMI-SP, PSP or certification is desired
• Primavera P6 scheduling experience a plus
• Working knowledge of Earned Value Management desired
Core Competencies - Specific Accountabilities
• Be conversant with all aspects of the project objectives and functional plans.
• Prepare Gantt charts of project activities at an appropriate level of detail.
• Monitor critical path activities to track actual start, progression and end points to planned points. Flag material change for confirmation or corrective action.
• Assist with the forecasting of future and ongoing project plans, including preparation of time-phased resource plans and forecasts for labor and disbursements at an appropriate level of detail. Includes support to fiscal budgets, fiscal updates, project budgets and forecasts, strategic planning and ad hoc reporting as required.
• Assist with preparation of risk analyses. Escalate emerging and increasing risks to project manager for action, and report progress on issues through to closure.
• Facilitate timely communication of information to and from department and project team members.
• Assist with preparation of presentation materials and reports to the appropriate to the Program Management team for reporting to the client, as well as other stakeholders.
• Track activity and team status against schedule as planned to anticipate and minimize schedule slippage.
Core Competencies - Project communication
• Updating and maintaining project plans
• Analyzing project plans for progress and impact to critical path
• Providing concise and accurate communication to all levels of management regarding project status and issues
• Building/achieving consensus and integration of divisional project plans into a master or consolidated plan
• Mentoring and coaching project team, providing direction and decision making
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT