CTG Lead Test Engineer in Painted Post, New York
Title: Lead Test Engineer
Location: US-NY-Painted Post
Job Number: 17203564
CTG has an excellent long-term contract opportunity available! Are you looking to grow your career and skill set in an exciting new role? Apply today!
Job Title: Lead Test Engineer
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job Type: Contract opportunity
Pay Range: Competitive with full salaried benefits available
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
The ideal candidate for this position will work closely with IT departments and functional project resources to provide test leadership for identified projects. Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive great additional benefits like full salaried benefits for medical, dental and vision, and paid time off. This is a long term, ongoing role with room for growth down the line. Apply today!
• Organize and coordinate the testing effort for assigned projects while leading the completion of a comprehensive test approach/strategy and test plan.
• Elicit performance testing requirements for the project and develop a detailed performance testing plan
• Facilitate the completion of detailed test scripts
• Set up HP Quality Center for assigned projects (Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects Module, Requirements Module) and train project personnel on use of HP Quality Center.
• Oversee defect routing and tracking for the duration of the project
• Facilitate testing progress and defect review meetings with the project team and report on testing and testing progress for the project duration
• Manage scope change to the project and determine the resulting impact to the test plan/schedule.
• Initiate modification to project plan/schedule and resource requirement through the PM.
• Communicate project testing issues in a timely manner to the PM, through standard project escalation channels
• Provide SDLC guidance to the PM
• Convey practical experience to the QA Team in regards to SDLC, testing best practices, use of testing tools, etc.
• A Comprehensive Test Approach, including a detailed performance test plan if applicable to the project
• HP Quality Center setup/configuration for each project
• Testing progress/status reports
• SDLC oversight and guidance to the PM Project Scope (may include testing applications for upgrades, service/ infrastructure upgrades, patches, enhancements, and new development).
• SDLC and testing process improvements
• A minimum of a two year degree in Computer Science or related field and testing experience in a variety of applications or projects
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and SAP
• Demonstrated automated testing experience using HP Quality Center QTP/BPT (Quick Test Pro and Business Process Testing)
• Proven experience in business process mapping and documentation of business requirements, systems design, and technical standards
In depth knowledge of testing best practices
• Ability to train personnel at all levels while managing testing activities for medium to large scale projects
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
• Must be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques.
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Testing, Qualification, & Validation