CTG INTEGRATION/SYSTEM TEST LEAD in New York
Title: INTEGRATION/SYSTEM TEST LEAD
Location: US-New York
Job Number: 17205365
CTG's client is looking for an Integration/System Test Lead for their New York, NY office.
This is a PERM opportunity that offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit options!
The primary roles include: 1) ramping up the test team(s) for new applications/releases of new functionality; 2) developing test plans to ensure appropriate test coverage for code releases (i.e., for functional projects, financial business events, change requests, or defect fixes); 3) driving test development and execution to meet the established time frames for each release; 4) maintaining the stability of the existing code base by regression testing functionality impacted by major code fixes and change requests; and 5) establishing and maintaining a testing framework that promotes a repeatable, quality-driven test process for all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
Under the direction of the FMS/3 Testing Manager, the Integration/System Test Lead will:
• Participate in tester hiring and orientation;
• Develop and implement formal training plans for testers to ensure an adequate testing resource pool;
• Develop and implement formal test plans for specific releases;
• Develop and implement formal resource plans for specific releases;
• Develop and/or assist the testers in developing functional test flows and test scripts/cases for releases or on-going maintenance;
• Define, and/or assist the testers in defining of data /system set-up requirements for releases or on-going maintenance;
• Conduct quality reviews during test development (i.e., test cases cover requirements and meet standards for format and content);
• Coordinate and drive test execution (assign tester responsibility, establish completion targets, provide guidance, monitor progress against plan using formal metrics)
• Manage the assigned testing efforts from a project management perspective (prepare status reports, maintain and update metrics, maintain and update the test plan, access risk, and implement corrective action to keep the testing effort on track);
• Coordinate and schedule test support from technical staff (e.g., access/security set-up, running batch jobs, etc.);
• Conduct quality reviews during test execution (i.e., test cases properly executed and documented, failed cases documented and retested appropriately)
• Demonstrate to FISA and Client Management that programs are ready for User Acceptance Testing (i.e., meet user requirements, conform to functional designs/technical specifications, and are free of material defects)
The Lead will also work with the Financial Systems management to establish and maintain an overall testing framework for FMS/3. In this capacity, the Lead will:
• Perform quality reviews of the vendor's proposed testing strategies and high level test plans;
• Review the FISA Development and vendor package / integration test results and build/adjust test plans accordingly;
• Recommend appropriate quality assurance/testing roles for the City in every testing stage including unit, integration, functional, system, application/infrastructure security, and user acceptance testing;
• Structure FMS/3 test processes, test tools, and testing work products by:
• Developing/updating testing policies and procedures,
• Implementing automated test tools,
• Developing/updating standardized formats for testing work products such as test plans, scripts, and cases,
• Establishing appropriate test environments,
• Maintaining/updating the existing defect tracking process and system,
• Maintaining/updating the existing metrics model for tracking testing progress and defect density.
The Test lead will be expected to execute the tasks of the Integrated System Tester as necessary during periods of peak test activities as well. These tasks included the authoring of test cases / scripts, execution and documentation of test cases.
• Hands-on, in-depth knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodology and practices.
• Strong understanding of standard SDLC methodologies.
• Hands-on experience performing system testing for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
• Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
• Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
• Problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
• Extensive experience leading / supervising a system test team of a minimum of 10 testers.
• Extensive hands-on testing experience (integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing) with accounting and/or budget ERP Systems (Advantage ERP package software preferred).
• Extensive experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
• Extensive experience hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL's, integration code, middleware, etc.).
•Extensive experience hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional test and defect tracking tools (QTP/UFT, HPALM and Clear Quest preferred
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT