CTG SERVICE TECHNICIAN/ COORDINATOR in New Jersey
Title: SERVICE TECHNICIAN/ COORDINATOR
Location: US-New Jersey
Job Number: 17205314
Our global client is seeking a Service Representative / Technician to support their NE territory (NY, NJ, PA, VT). If you have a solid background installing, repairing and running diagnostics on technical equipment, please keep reading!
Position: Service Representative / Technician
Location: Supporting the NE territory (NY, NJ, PA, VT)
Duration: initial contract duration is 9 months, with possible extension
Misc: Individuals may be driving their personal vehicles throughout the territory to support end client locations. (combination of flights and/or driving) Mileage will be reimbursed at 51.5 cents per mile. They do anticipate up to 300-400 miles a week.
The Service Technician is primarily responsible for performing a full workload of product installation services and repair on our client’s retail products and systems including self-checkout systems, retail systems, total store services, servers and associated storage systems. The Service Technician is accountable for customer satisfaction with the services provided, which include some or all of the following: installation, whole product and/or component advance exchange or swap, and on site basic product & store equipment problem diagnosis, adjustment and/or repair.
Responsibilities of the Service Technician:
• Perform equipment refurbishment, installation, relocation, discontinuance, product level engineering and configuration changes, upgrades and/or modifications to products
• Applies technical training and experience to affect product repair on retail store products
• Builds positive customer relationships with product end-user and store manager
• Maintains business like communications, conduct and appearance that is complimentary to customers’ environment and otherwise demonstrates a courteous, positive and professional attitude at all times
• Effectively communicates with customers, management, peers, and team members on a timely basis regarding status of work, potential problems, customer / store management satisfaction, and to seek advice and assistance
• Has ongoing rapport with store managers and client executives and performs scheduled & unscheduled visits with customer management
• Performs retail store systems & product problem determination utilizing the maintenance package, diagnostics, reference documentation, service aids, system tools
• Uses established procedures and/or instructions for repetitive and/or routine work, works on tasks individually or as a part of a team and provides assistance to less experienced SRs
• Operates territory efficiently and/or performs technical services in a complete, quality and timely manner to meet customer commitments and minimize disruptions to the customer's operation
• High School Diploma
• Knowledge of personal computer technology, flat panel TVs & monitors, cash registers / point-of-sale equipment, and associated retail devices
• Electricity & electronics knowledge
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to properly use test equipment, basic hand tools, and electric meters
• Recognize and understand the functional and operational use of IT signal and power cables as well as low voltage wiring systems and to perform diagnosis and repair
• Written and spoken communication skills
• Articulate & demonstrate strategy to end-user customers
• Capable of performing freelance diagnostics and repair. Requires minimal assistance from more experienced SRs to carry out difficult product repair activities
• Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and drive resolution
• Detail orientated
• The individual must have a credit history sufficient to obtain a credit card in the individual's name in order to charge business related expenses. Approved business related expenses will be reimbursed by the company
• Ability to travel (approximately 75%) and work OT as required
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT