CTG SERVER ADMINISTRATOR in Morrisville, North Carolina
Title: SERVER ADMINISTRATOR
Job Number: 17203105
We are looking for a Server Administrator for one of our top technology clients in the RTP, NC area. This is a long term opportunity with benefit options available.
Main job tasks and responsibilities include:
• Design and deploy internal networks and servers used for design and SW application testing.
• Maintain and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
• Maintain and ensure network and system security
• Administer servers, desktop computers, routers, switches, firewalls, smartphones, software deployment, and install security updates and patches.
• Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPNgateways, intrusion detection systems, SEIM, and Firewall.
• Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
• Perform network address assignment.
• As part of the test and support center, administer, configure, implement, and maintain applications, OSs, and virtualization environments.
• Configuration and maintenance of VMware vSphere technologies: ESX/ESXi
• Perform daily administration activities for all Windows servers and GNU\Linux servers.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Experience with installation, configuration and maintenance of server running Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/R2.
• Support a server/workstation used as a Git repository for Device lab.
• 3 years of experience as an IT Admin supporting server and network configuration and maintenance.
• Experience with MS Windows Server 2xxx as well as Linux required.
• Minimum Associate Degree in IT or Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent related work experience required. Bachelors degree a plus.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT