CTG Biochemist in Morrisville, North Carolina
Job Number: 17205310
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has a new opportunity available with a global pharmaceutical and sciences client! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting Position, 12 months with possible extension
Project Location: Morrisville, NC
Job Title: Biochemist
Position will focus on the discovery of novel proteins for crop protection through the use of modern proteomics approaches by leveraging biochemical and mass spectroscopy techniques.
Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct proteomic analysis of samples using mass spectroscopy and other techniques;
• Perform small and mid-scale fermentation of bacterial strains;
• Design native protein purification and characterization strategies;
• Produce critical data that support ongoing research
• Coach and complement, when necessary, team members in design and planning;
• Prepare adequate reports and inform the research project team(s) on a regular basis;
• Manage confidentiality of competitive know-how;
• Ensure compliance with all existing safety and stewardship standards in the area of responsibility, taking into account laws, regulations and directives, and evaluate potential risks of the research activities.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biological sciences with 2 years’ relevant biotechnology experience in academic or industrial laboratory environment or a pHD in related field;
• Experience in protein characterization using Mass Spectroscopy;
• Experience with protein purification using FPLC and various chromatographic chemistries;
• Familiarity with the use of fundamental proteomics and bioinformatics tools;
• Demonstrated record of consistency and accuracy working in a technical environment;
• Prior experience working in a team environment and ability to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic research organization;
• Creative and flexible thinking;
• Excellent organizational, record-keeping skills;
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills;
• Proficient Computer skills: MS Office, other scientific programs as needed.
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquires may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Biology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology