CTG Mail Associate 2 in Mobile, Alabama
Title: Mail Associate 2
Job Number: 17202538
CTG is currently assisting one of its premiere clients in staffing a Mail Associate for an ongoing contract assignment in Mobile, Alabama.
If interested, please apply online or contact Erin Barabas at email@example.com or 919-677-1313 ext 2012.
Position: Mail Room Clerk
Location: Mobile, AL
Duration: ongoing contract
Compensation: $11.27 / hourly (Sorry, no paid time off. No paid vacation, holiday, or sick time.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operation of high level mail equipment: mail inserters, sorters and finishing equipment in an automated high speed/high volume environment.
• Includes packaging/posting
• Perform charge-back reporting for postage, air express, local delivery, and faxes
• Perform production mail labeling/mail merge
• Provide mailing address cleanup services (may include use of mail cleansing software)
• Coordinate automated and manual processes for finishing and mailing client materials
• Implement and maintain distribution and tracking systems
• Use of customized software to update/maintain mailing addresses
• Manage electronic input, packaging activities and posting fulfillment in high speed/high volume operations
• Recommend improvements to achieve cost savings and optimize work flow
• Focal contact for special/unique mailings and shipments
• Use of specialized equipment for material handling if required
• Receive, sort and process mail documents, packages, and supplies.
• Notify recipients
• Deliver and pick-up mail on scheduled runs
• Record & process accountable mail information, maintain logs
• Track, trace, and resolve mail problems with USPS, express and local delivery services
• Prepare mail and packages for external shipment and coordinate deliveries and pick-ups (may include USPS pickup/delivery)
• Perform quality checks on outbound mail
• Validate internal mail addresses
• Bar code address lookup
• Use common mail services including fax , air express, postal services
• Fill out shipping forms and/or enter electronically in shipping terminal per the job ticket
• Perform finishing work on documents to be mailed , such as folding and insertion
• Perform electronic mail distribution (open, mail prep, scan and distribute)
• Perform fulfillment functions, such as assembly, packaging, shipping and tracking of kitted materials
• Follow mailroom security procedures
• Barcode tracking or face scanning incoming mail and packages
• Perform logging, transmission, receipt and timely distribution of faxes
• Shipping and receiving using automated system to track and manage activity
• Monitor/order/replenish supplies inventory, mail and distribution activities
• Send and receive e-mail messages
• Arrange alternative courier or shipping services to meet customer requirements
• Fully operate, clean and maintain all shipping and mail equipment
• Contact service on mail and shipping equipment if need occurs
• Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Able to demonstrate ability to read, write and follow English instructions
• Able to demonstrate PC / Internet Skills Intermediate -- Download and install files (fonts, drivers, etc.) from internet sites; open, complete and save/print internet forms -- Perform mail merges
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word or equivalent (insert images; create and manage tables and columns; edit headers/footers; create forms; create and manage multiple sections
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel or equivalent (navigate multiple worksheets within a workbook; create charts/graphs; use basic math functions; create basic formulae)
• Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint or equivalent (open and create basic presentations, open saved, print using different options)
• Working knowledge of account-relevant applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, file conversion or graphic arts applications )
• Basic knowledge of network (e.g., how to add or delete a network printer)
• Basic knowledge of Digital Front Ends
• Functional knowledge of MAC when required by client.
• Determine output packaging per packaging standards (e.g. process for books, tabs, etc.)
• Driving (if required)
• Ability to demonstrate use of mail equipment per training for example : -- Finishing equipment -- Inserters -- Postage meters -- Envelope printers -- Scales -- Pitney Bowes Mail Management systems -- FedEx shipping systems
• Able to demonstrate Customer service and communication skills
• Able to demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks
• Able to demonstrate ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
• Able to demonstrate ability to perform data entry
• Able to demonstrate use of Production Mail Software
• Able to demonstrate ability to estimate and schedule mailing jobs , including operators, job path and time requirements
• Able to demonstrate ability to train and mentor other Mail client associates
1-2 years knowledge and experience with mail procedures and operating mail equipment
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalency
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Administrative Assistant & Clerical