CTG Technical Field Support Specialist in Linthicum, Maryland
Title: Technical Field Support Specialist
Job Number: 17206987
CTG has a client in Linthicum, MD with an immediate opening for a Field Service Technician Specialist for an exciting contract assignment!
Hourly pay for this role is $27.64 per hour
The Field Service Technician Specialist acts a technical expert, demonstrating specialized mastery in resolving extremely complex problems or those requiring a unique technical skill or ability to deal with sensitive aspects of trade. The incumbent provides functional task leadership over a team of technicians. The incumbent generally is a member or leader of a quick-response customer support team and works on the most complex work orders to troubleshoot hardware/software equipment problems, and to set up, install, configure, maintain, relocate, and/or repair a variety of electronic computing and communications equipment, software and/or peripherals. Must be able to work successfully with extremely critical deadlines, and operates independently to resolve any customer problems.
The incumbent will oversee the day to day field operations of the Electronic Toll Collection System, minimizing down time and ensuring systems are functioning at their full potential. The incumbent will also provide customer service and project support services with increasing responsibilities including field operations management, staff development, departmental budgeting, client interface and relationship building
• Provide leadership and establish project objectives
• Coordinate maintenance service to ensure compliance to contractual service labor agreements and all contract deliverables
• Minimize system down time
• Responsible for the supervision of a team of field service technicians and ensure that routine service/maintenance to hardware in the field is properly performed and completed in a timely manner
• Routine monitoring of program performance for all clients including the development of action plans to address program and operational deficiencies
• Responsible for the training of the department staff on maintenance service, procedures and system troubleshooting
• Responsible for staff development including completing and conducting employee evaluations for the department
• Inventory management including purchase and cost control of department supplies
• Track company vehicle maintenance/repair
• Attend client meetings in support of project management
• Identify operational improvements on an on-going basis
• AD-HOC performance reports
Additional Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Vocational, trade school, technical training or an associate degree in electrical electronics technology, or equivalent work experience. Associate degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience, demonstrating in-depth working familiarity with a broad range of electronic equipment, including most vendors and a minimum of 3 years of mastery of a specialized technical area.
• Strong demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• General PC literacy.
• Good customer service orientation and appreciation of role as a company representative.
• Maturity of judgment under pressure/ability to diagnose level of user need/distribute work effectively.
• Considerable client and end-user interface by phone and/or in-person necessitates good (clear) verbal communication skills and credible customer presence (appearance, attitude & demeanor).
• Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines.
• Commitment to quality and personal ethics.
• Ability to provide functional leadership to technical staff.
• Ability to work independently, but as part of team concept.
• Frequently works in confined spaces, with considerable bending, stooping, crawling and lifting (40-60 lbs.), regular use of testing and diagnostic equipment.
• Quick-reaction/high stress/customer-focused team environment.
• Frequently working at toll plaza locations and on the roadside
• Frequently works outdoors
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT