CTG Lab Technician/ Night Shift - 8:00 pm - 6:30 am in Kansas City, Missouri
Title: Lab Technician/ Night Shift - 8:00 pm - 6:30 am
Location: US-MO-Kansas City
Job Number: 17203596
CTG is seeking a Lab Technician to work night at their clients site in Kansas City, MO, 64120. This is a 12 month contract position with a good possibility of extending longer.
This position is working at night, the hours are 8:00pm - 6:30am 4 nights a week/ 10 hours a day! Pay is $18.70 per hour (W-2) after training
Training hours will be during the day, 6:00am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday. Pay rate during training is $16.70 per hour. Training will last 6-8 weeks.
This position is in a Quality Control laboratory in a agricultural chemicals manufacturing plant. The laboratory performs routine testing on intermediates, final products, and waste byproducts produced at the site.
This position performs routine testing on all samples in the Analytical Services laboratory, providing analytical data for process control, quality control, process development, product development, and waste management.
The laboratory operates 24 x 7. These positions are on the night shift. Work hours will be 4 nights/week on 10-hour shifts (8:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.). Training will be on the day shift, 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. M-F for the first 6 - 8 weeks.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs routine analytical testing on teams that work a variety of shifts that include working weekends and holidays. Requests additional work to increase team productivity.
•Prepares and analyzes numerous types of samples by a variety of physical and chemical analytical techniques using sophisticated analytical equipment. The instrumentation includes pH meters, densitometers, dissolved oxygen meters, conductivity meters, calorimeters, viscometers, rheometers, spectrophotometers, auto-titrators, ion chromatographs (IC), inductively coupled plasma spectrometers (ICP), laser particle size analyzers, gas chromatographs (GC), High Pressure Liquid Chromatographs (HPLC), titrators, densitometers, auto-claves, pipettors, platers, incubators, and ovens.
• Performs various microbiological tests including tests to determine spore counts and microbiological contamination.
• Understands and operates STARLiMS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Waters Empower laboratory data acquisition system, and other instrument-specific computer systems.
• Searches various databases for test methods, specifications, and standards to locate information required to complete analyses. Promptly and accurately records, calculates and reports analytical results.
• Maintains appropriate records to meet internal requirements as well as, ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001. Completes various daily instrument calibrations and inspections.
• Observes good safety and housekeeping practices. May serve as Safety Officer for the shift.
• Maintains laboratory supplies, prepares solutions, cleans glassware, disposes of solid/liquid waste and other duties to help in the overall operations of the laboratory. Trains others on waste management.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Reviews analytical data and various LIMS reports. Communicates and discusses any issues with other team members and supervision.
• Participates on continuous improvement sub-teams.
• Knowledgeable of RCRA hazardous waste regulations, waste determinations, waste codes, and how to immediately communicate discovery of spills and leaks. Also must know labeling, inspection, and recordkeeping requirements to accumulate waste in: satellite accumulation areas, less than 90-day containers, and less than 90-day tanks.
• Initial RCRA hazardous waste training shall be completed within 6 months of starting job, and refresher training shall occur annually thereafter.
• High school diploma and 2 years of analytical chemical laboratory experience. This experience should include doing chemical analyses.
• 10 -20 hours college chemistry and some experience in a chemical laboratory
• BS degree in a science discipline and 0 years laboratory experience.
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• High attention to details and an ability to analyze outcomes against a standard.
• Ability to diagnose the typical instrument problems with little or no assistance and provide assistance to others.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to optimize efficiency and productivity of the laboratory
Preferences: (list nice-to-haves such a specific knowledge items, certifications, skills, abilities, etc.)
• Understands basic HPLC and GC operation.
This position is compensated per hour on a W2 hourly basis (no C2C or 1099's).
Apply below or send your resume to Holly Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job 17203596/B-11383 in the subject line.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.