CTG Technical Writer in Ithaca, New York
Title: Technical Writer
Job Number: 17203622
CTG has an excellent contract opportunity available! Are you looking to grow your career and skill set in an exciting new role? Apply today!
Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Ithaca, NY
Job Type: Contract opportunity
Pay Range: Competitive with full salaried benefits available
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
The Senior Technical Writer is a support position responsible for the creation and management of technical documents for Service, Sales and Marketing. The ideal candidate will interact with multiple departments within the organization along with their end-users, channel partners and service members. Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive great additional benefits like full salaried benefits for medical, dental and vision, and paid time off. This is a long term, ongoing role with room for growth down the line. Apply today!
• Direct the Content Management System, in alignment with Product Inspection established practices, to
share content among the PI partners, and establish consistency in product support literature.
• Maintenance of the document organizational structure.
• Author and develop paper and electronic technical manuals for standard products and custom orders for mechanical, electrical, and software control systems
• Work with subject matter experts (Engineers, Service Technicians, Operations Personnel) to create publications and on-line service documentation for the targeted audience.
• Engage with Design ad Product Management to produce Risk Assessment (RA) modules for all products.
• Produce FDS, FAT, and IFT protocols with the assistance of subject matter experts.
• Create and maintain tools for compilation of order-based documentation.
• Secure materials from corruption through the use of approved IT practices.
• Make secured files accessible to internal and external users
• Create and maintain files of machine images and videos
• Develop customer-training documents for repair/replacement tasks.
Required Skills and Education:
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Technical Communication preferred; A bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications or English in lieu of a technical degree will also be considered.
• 3-5 years of proven experience in commercial or technical writing, training, or new media development in a business environment.
• Ability to use publishing and windows-based tools such as InDesign, and Acrobat.
• Demonstrated experience in graphic creation and layouts.
• Creation of exploded view images from Engineering CAD files
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
• Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques.
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT