CTG ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN in Ithaca, New York
Title: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Job Number: 17203709
Computer Task Group is looking for an Engineering Technician for a permanent placement position in Ithaca, NY.
Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment. Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the quoting, requisitioning, receiving, material management, kitting and assembly, design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment. Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus. Works with local shops to acquire custom mechanical assemblies and components. Writes assembly, alignment and qualification documents in conjunction with design engineers.
• AA degree in science or engineering (ME, EE, physics preferred) with 4-5 years’ experience in precision systems prototyping or construction, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies
• Knowledge and experience using common metalworking tools, precision measuring tools, assembly tools, soldering, use of adhesives, fixturing, etc.
• Computer literate, experienced using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), locating information on the internet.
• Strong communications skills, able to read and understand engineering documents, able to write documents to record and present results
• A love of “tinkering” and optimizing complex and highly precise assemblies is a strong advantage.
• Must possess excellent fine mechanical construction skills. Prior experience with metal cutting lathe and milling machine is a plus.
• Must understand and be able to use volt/ohm/current meters to set up and debug electrical systems.
Please send resumes to Tana.Stilloe@ctg.com or apply below.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Electro-Mechanical Engineering