CTG MS SQL Server DB Developer in Irvine, California
Title: MS SQL Server DB Developer
Job Number: 17203217
We at CTG are presently seeking MS SQL Server DB Developer at Irvine,CA for one of our Clients, if this
opportunity interests you please email me your updated resume to Mansoor.firstname.lastname@example.org in word format with your contact information
and the best time to reach you.
Please feel free to call me (Mansoor) at 800-992-5350 x 4978
if you need more information.
Title : MS SQL
Server DB Developer
: 12 months contract
W2 ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP OR 1099.
Senior Database Developer Job Description:
Designing, developing and maintaining the company’s enterprise grade software
application databases and data layer.
Designing, developing and maintaining EDI/B2B data transfer maps.
Communicating with Product Management to understand business requirements and
translate into technical specifications.
- Designs, develops, tests and delivers various software modules in the workers
compensation, bill review, bill repricing and claims processing industry.
- Designs and implements new database solutions and features on database and
application architecture. Ensures database performance, integrity, security, availability
and compatibility with existing features.
- Creates, maintains, updates and designs databases in order to increase
efficiency in maintaining and processing data and improve overall quality of
database management and reports.
- Performs database design and architecture; ensures designs follows relational
database methodology and ensures that design meets application requirements.
- Implements new EDI set up; designs and implements EDIs to meet client
specific requirements; maintains existing EDI files and data maps.
- Analyzes new data and new data formats to define process to load data into
application. Performs database changes to support data storage and access to
the new data. Writes new methods to support new interfaces in the application
data layer; maintains existing interfaces.
Maintains and coordinates database build scripts.
Assists in the development of processes, procedures and jobs to monitor
and/or automate tasks required to maintain databases. Gathers and communicates
database performance metrics.
- Develops reusable unit/integration testing tools in order to minimize defects
delivered to the Quality Assurance environment.
- Assists in the troubleshooting and resolution of issues escalated from
Technical Services. Participates in structured problem solving teams and
applies statistical and other problem solving tools. Utilizes SQL skills to
engage in detailed analysis of data discrepancies to determine the source and
resolution of errors. Analyzes database performance and troubleshoots database
- Collaborates closely with the Product Management team to specify solutions
that meet the business requirements and to ensure design goals are met. Builds
effective working relations with the application development team, the PPO
team, the Bill Review team as well as Client Services, Technical Services,
Product Development and Quality Assurance and assists in resolving problems
related to the application.
- Creates and maintains technical specifications, software design documentation
and release notes. Adhere to development standards, software development
lifecycle processes and SAS 70 audit requirements.
- Reports accurate and timely project/task status to management.
- Provides input for the development timelines and delivers quality software
- Meets commitments by delivering accurate, scalable solutions with agreed to
- Provides the highest level of customer service to customers, whether these
are current or prospective clients of the Company, vendors, staff, business
partners or visitors.
Assists and cooperates with co-workers, supervisor and management.
Manages confidential client, financial and employee information with
discretion and good judgment in accordance with department and Company
Demonstrates a dependable work ethic.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
benchmarking state-of-the art practices; participating in professional
- Ensure tasks performed are consistent with established company priorities.
- Designs and maintains software that meets client functional needs and SLAs in
terms of quality, reliability and performance.
- Meets software quality imperatives in order to reduce iterations with the
Quality Assurance Department in delivering solutions.
Is able to independently deliver solutions within committed schedule milestones.
Produces well structured software and clear documentation that enables others
to extend the work and allows the platform to evolve.
These specifications are general guidelines based upon the minimum ordinarily considered
essential to satisfactory performance in this position. Individual skills and
abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines. To perform
effectively in this position, the incumbent is required to have:
- 5 years of database/SQL development experience in a Microsoft SQL Server
Strong knowledge of software and SQL Server Architecture and environments.
Strong knowledge of Operating Systems and components that relate to the
Knowledge of relational database structures.
Advanced hands-on experience with SQL Server 2008 and 2008R2.
Hands-on experience with SQL Server 2014 a strong plus.
Advanced hands-on experience with SQL Server Integration Services.
Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services a plus.
Strong DB design skills and knowledge of the software development lifecycle
required. UML and/or familiarity with Agile methodologies (RUP, SCRUM, XP, MSF)
a strong plus.
Hands-on experience with EDI X12 a strong plus
Hands-on experience with EDIFecs and Pervasive a plus
Knowledge of IBM Websphere MQ a plus
College degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated track record of delivering software product releases on-time and
- Ability to analyze and understand complex workflows and processes and develop
innovative approaches to streamlining and automating them.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently manage and prioritize work, with
the ability to handle multiple activities with changing priorities
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills and the ability to develop
long-term business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently and to
problem-solve complex technical issues.
Ability to function as a team player and to be a self starter.
Ability to grasp complex requirements and specifications, then break them
down for the purpose of implementation.
Ability to determine how changes impact customers and other systems.
Competency to utilize Company software, proficiency in Microsoft software
applications and a willingness to learn new systems as necessary.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT