CTG CONTROLS TECHNICIAN III in Hickory, North Carolina
Title: CONTROLS TECHNICIAN III
Job Number: 17203165
CTG's premier client in Hickory, NC – 28601 has an immediate opening for a Controls Technician (Non-Exempt)for 12 Months contract position with extensions.
If interested, please immediately apply to this requisition. For additional information please call the recruiter, Mohammed Abdul Muqtadir at 800-992-5350 Ext: 4982 or email your resume to email@example.com
W2 ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP OR 1099.
Position: Controls Technician (Non-Exempt)
Location: Hickory, NC – 28601
Duration: 12 Months Contract
2 positions to be filled
This is supporting the Hickory MFG expansion and the Newton Cable Annex.
Travel Requirements: 5%. Routine travel to Hickory, NC Plant (approx. 10 miles)
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: Monday to Friday, 8AM – 5PM, overtime will be a requirement and flexible hours to support project workload and deadlines will be necessary.
Scope of Position:
• Supports the design and implementation of controls based solutions for start-up cable operations facility, from a controls & instrumentation perspective. These controls solutions will enable manufacturing systems to deliver and transform raw materials to product, convey ware between discrete processing steps, and/or measure and characterize ware created.
• Provide controls and instrumentation skill & knowledge to the install, debug, and operation of various equipment/control interfaces.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Integrate field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems based the system design package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
• Work closely with controls engineers to implement control sequence logic (both time-based and event-based), fail-safe states, and process /equipment recovery sequences.
• Implement specified field devices to accomplish desired process / equipment functions, and compatible / compliant with site standards.
• Accurately estimate timeframe to complete assigned project work once scope of work is adequately defined and then complete work to agreed-to timeline.
• Participate in engineering project teams that are responsible to deliver robust, cost effective automation and process machine systems to Corning’s manufacturing plants and processes.
• Work within project teams to support the solving difficult automation problems, resolution of project related issues, and development of fundamental understanding of technical / process requirements critical to system success.
• Drive the deployment of defined control architectures, control system standards, and system integration that will satisfy process and manufacturing requirements.
• Interface with external system integrators and machine builders to enable project deliverables.
• Actively participate in project fabrication, off-line integration and testing, drawings and documentation, installation, production start-up support, training of plant personnel, and technology transfer.
• Report to project leader on assigned project activities on a pre-determined basis.
• Minimum of an AS or AAS in an electrical or controls discipline.
• BS Electrical Engineering Technology, BS Electrical Engineering is acceptable.
• Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 5 years equipment/controls experience
• Experience integrating field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems into an overall controls package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
• Experience with PID control loop tuning and techniques.
• Experience working closely with IT & process engineers to implement control sequence logic (both time-based and event-based), fail-safe states and process / equipment recovery sequences.
• Experience with graphical user interface and human machine interface.
• Experience working within engineering project teams.
• Accurately estimates timeframe to complete assigned project work, once scope of work is adequately defined, then completes work to agreed-to timeline.
• Understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, programming, and system integration.
• Demonstrated ability to support the development and delivery of fully integrated machine and motion control, automation, and process machine systems and solutions within a manufacturing environment.
• Familiar with state of the art technologies in the following areas: control systems integration, controls architectures, PLC’s, motion control systems, electro-mechanical drive systems, robotics, part sensing, vision, risk assessment, and safety systems.
• Ability to work in a team based environment and lead or participate on a highly matrixed team.
• Possesses an understanding of general mechanics and ability to apply that understanding during troubleshooting and system implementation.
• Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
• Highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused, with a high commitment level.
• Must be able to program in ladder logic or equivalent.
• Experienced in the checkout and verification of electrical control panels.
• AutoCAD® 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014, Windows7, MS Office suite including Power Point, Excel, Word
• PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Allen Bradley, iFix SCADA, and Automated equipment systems experience
• Manufacturing experience and ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
• Computer vision system experience.
• Experience with programming manufacturing systems using higher level programming languages:
§ C or C#
§ VB or VB.Net
• Familiar with the rules and regulation relating to implementation and best practices in electrical system design and implementation:
§ National Electric Code
§ NFPA 79 Specification
§ NFPA 70e Specification
§ ANSI and IEC electrical symbols
§ Grounding and shielding of electrical systems
• Able to work with external machine builders and system integrators for build, and integration of later stages of system implementation.
A. Personal Computers
B. Fluke Meters, Oscilloscopes, and other electronic test equipment.
C. Equipment used for machine installation activities: conduit cutting/threading/bending, man lifts, label makers, hand tools, etc.
D. Electronic calibration equipment
E. Precision flow calibration
F. Programmable Controllers
Personnel Directed By This Position:
Oversee and provide direction to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades during scheduled shifts.
Desired/Required Soft Skills:
• Works well in a fast-paced, plant start-up environment.
• Can acts and makes decisions for best interest of project
• Strong written and verbal communications and overall people skills.
• Embraces a collaborative team environment
• Resolve conflicts with peers, customers, etc.
Special requirements (Personal Protective Equipment, Certifications, etc)
• Electro - mechanical troubleshooting ability, proficient with electrical schematics
• Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives.
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
• Machine control knowledge
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment)edge and understands classical control theory
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT