CTG STAFFING - FIELD CONSTRUCTION SAFETY COORDINATOR in Harrodsburg, Kentucky
Title: STAFFING - FIELD CONSTRUCTION SAFETY COORDINATOR
Job Number: 17203906
Come join us and grow your career with Computer Task Group! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: 4 months with possibility of extension
Job Title: Field Construction Safety Coordinator
Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 2nd and 3rd Shift
Monday - Friday; 40 hours per week; nights or weekends as safety activity requires
*It is possible that some weeks could extend to 10 hour days, 6 days a week depending on the work load
Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for promoting a safe work environment for all construction project employees (Corning & Contractor).
Daily Safety audit
Safety data collection and analysis
Safety incident investigation
Contractors Safety Committee (Support and/or Management)
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Conduct Daily Inspections of Project Site, all areas where work is being conducted by either Corning Employee and Contractor a minimum of 4 times per day
Take pictures of all safety findings
Prepare Daily Report using CDT Construction Division Report Template including all findings (positive and negative)
Ensure compliance with all plant, corporate and OSHA policies and regulations
- Be a change agent to drive continuous improvement in overall plant safety performance through principals of employee engagement, hazard recognition / elimination, behavioral based safety, etc.
Attend “Project Management Safety Walks”
Document all findings in the Daily summary report using same requirements listed above.
Attend all Tools box meetings:
provide input on potential Safety concerns for planned activity;
give priority to all meetings for high risk, high energy or critical for safety activities.
Report previous days safety inspection findings
Attend Daily Project Meetings:
Use Daily Report to present findings from Daily Inspections
Add any safety related items reported at the meeting to the Daily Inspection Report
Review contractor follow-up on deficiencies noted during project safety inspections to ensure that appropriate corrective actions were taken. Note completion date on the Daily Inspection Report.
Ensure / lead investigation of safety incidents in conjunction with plant EHS Group and Project Team Leaders, along with action planning to prevent reoccurrence
Perform analysis and recommend improvements to improve safety and prevent accidents
Review of contractor follow-up on corrective actions taken as the result of incident investigations. Lead the investigation. Support Lead Engineer for Incident Documentation.
Provide a Monthly Summary Report that has each contractors safety statistics and Corning Employee Statistics as required on the report template.
- Maintain metrics of project safety performance including:
- Type of Incident (5S, Unsafe act, unsafe-condition, near miss, property damage, first aid case, recordable, Lost-time accident, & SIF); Use SIF decision Tree to determine potential SIF Cases and note on inspection form.
- Nature of Incident (LO/TO, Fall Protection, Electrical, PIV-Forklift, Power Tool, etc.)
- Location of Incident (Project and Scope) (example: HA139-BOD)
- Contractors Name or Corning
- Date and time of Incident
Hours Worked for each contractor by Project
Status of Issue: (Action required to fix deficiency; deficiency resolved; in-process)
Construction Contractor :
Attend post-bid meetings with Contractor ensure that all bidders have a clear understanding of the safety requirements
Ensure/Review contractors submit a site-specific and risk-specific safety plan if required
Attend Meeting with selected Contractor to Review Safety plan; point out and stress requirements (Hot Work permits, LO/TO, Lift Plans, daily housekeeping, etc.). Stress the requirement for the General Contractor to review the site safety plan with their subcontractors
Support Contractor Orientation and Pre-work Planning:
Hold pre-work/construction planning or pre-project/service meetings with the contractor prior to the start of work with Project Manager/Leader
Verify/review documents from subcontractors have fulfilled all requirements (e.g, employee safety training, drug and alcohol screen, etc), and submitted all required paper work. Report findings to the Project Manager/Leader.
Monitor the training of contractor employees new to the site, documentation of training, holding of toolbox safety meetings, accident statistics, near misses, general liability and other types of losses, drug and alcohol screening, etc.
Monitor of the training of sub - contractor employees new to the site, documentation of training, holding of toolbox safety meetings, accident statistics, near misses, general liability and other types of losses, drug and alcohol screening, etc
Ensure effective delivery of all safety related training with compliance to all applicable plant, corporate and OSHA standards
• No more than 5%
Required Education & Certifications :
• Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health
• Masters preferred
• Certified OSHA Safety Inspector
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Minimum - 5 years of experience in a Construction Inspection Role
Manager Must Haves:
• Excellent written and verbal communications / presentation skills
• Extensive knowledge of S&H regulations
• Experience with risk and statistical analysis
• Computer Skills, Microsoft package
• Good time management and organization skills
• Good communication, coordination, and follow-up ability
• Good discipline (PDPC & 5S)
- Candidates shortlisted on CRNGJP00011130 who are still available can be submitted asap. They will receive an immediate shortlist
• S&H work experience in a production facility
• Problem analysis and resolve capabilities
• Familiar with BOM (basic of manufacturing)
• KT problem solving, and statistic data analysis.
• Have basic understanding of project management skill
• Computer Skills, Sharepoint
• Basic knowledge of environmental regulations
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Motivated team player - ability to work in a team environment
• Strong people skills
• Positive attitude
PPE: Standard PPE will be required, Steel Toed shoes and Safety glasses
Please send all resumes to Jessica Novobilski at Jessica.Novobilski@ctg.com referencing job Field Construction or apply below.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.