CTG Java Developer in Germantown, Maryland
Title: Java Developer
Job Number: 17201811
Our client in Germantown, MD has an immediate opening for a Web Development ^ Java Developer ^ Prin for a9 month contract assignment.
If interested, please immediately apply to this requisition. For additional information please call the recruiter, Sai Kiran at (800) 992-5350 X 4965or email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates will need to submit via our website for consideration to CTG job # 17201811.
Thank you for your interest!
W2 ONLY. NO CORP-TO-CORP OR 1099.
Essential job functions:
JOB TITLE: Senior Java Developer
LOCATION: Germantown, MD (Local candidates ONLY)
This is a TEMP TO HIRE Opportunity.
JAVA DEVELOPER JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is a software development position designing and developing mission critical large-scale, high-availability, multi-tier, transactional, enterprise systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science (M.S. in computer science preferred) or related field
• Java developer with 6/7 years of experience
• Experience in EJB 2.0 or higher and Hibernate
• Frontend development skills (HTML5/CSS3/JQuery)
• Experience with RAD and WebSphere application server
• Relational database experience with Oracle preferred.
• A background in large scale transaction processing and financial management systems.
• 6 years of experience with database driven, multi-tier software development
• Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and multi-task.
• Good oral and written communications skills in both technical and client facing situations.
• Must be a team player, receptive to new ideas and concepts and willing to embrace them when final determinations are made.
• Experience in high-volume, transaction processing productions systems
• Experience with a recognized software development lifecycle methodology
• Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer
• Must successfully clear any required contingency screenings (i.e. background, substance abuse)
Additional Desired Skills:
• Experience as a technical liaison in support of a project manager
• Good interpersonal skills in order to interface successfully with an onshore project manager, clients and office personnel
• Creative problem solving skills
• Work collaboratively with other members of the project team to ensure timely delivery of high quality delivery enterprise applications
• Plan and estimate development work needed to implement assigned tasks
• Transform complex requirements into working, maintainable enterprise-level solutions
• Perform detailed application design as appropriate
• Author and maintain design and technical documentation necessary
• Provide leadership to other team members to deliver high quality systems on schedule
• Integrated unit test development experience
• Test plan development experience
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT