CTG Entry Level Lab Technician – Temp to Perm in Geneva, New York
Title: Entry Level Lab Technician – Temp to Perm
Job Number: 17203724
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! Are you interested in working with a well-known manufacturing client? Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting Position, 3 months temp to perm
Project Location: Geneva, NY
Job Title: Entry Level Lab Technician – Temp to Perm
Training Hours: Paid training on first shift 7 am – 3:30 pm, M-F
Work Hours: Overnight rotating, 12 hour shifts
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour, plus additional $1 shift differential
Verify and maintain the quality of raw materials and finished products to ensure that the products manufactured are within Company designated specifications. Support Company goals and objectives.
Day to Day Duties:
Conducts chemical and physical laboratory tests on raw materials, in-process goods and finished products to determine if they meet quality specifications. Evaluates raw materials, in-process goods, and finished products for compliance to Company specifications.
Retain samples for future evaluations.
Prepare and/or standardize solutions for testing.
Inventory and maintain stock of laboratory supplies and chemicals.
Maintain logbook records of testing analysis, research of raw materials and products and material retains, as well as other records as required.
Maintain routine repair of instruments and calibration of required equipment.
Assist in training new laboratory personnel.
Keep equipment and work area neat, clean, and orderly.
Clean glassware, refill/replace items/solutions as needed.
Complete all microbiological analysis and record as required. Report all issues immediately via email to QA Supervisor / QA Manager.
Responsible for analyzing and reporting product issues, including requesting manual orders, separation of good and bad product, issuing NCRs, and upkeep of QA issue log.
Assist in the investigation of product complaints, including recording all testing information.
Procure R&D requested samples as required.
Learn new procedures and complete training in the operation and use of new equipment as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors of Science degree with major or minor in Chemistry or Biology
• 0 - 2 years experience in a laboratory setting
• Good motor skills
• Moderate lifting or bending restrictions
• Ability to work overtime and any shift as required
• Prior experience in manufacturing environment a plus
• Ability to multi-task and follow detailed directions is required
• Excellent communication skills
• The position is in the factory and could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
• Must be able to reach, lift, bend and stoop without restrictions
• Good manual dexterity needed
• Cannot be colorblind
• The performance of this position normally requires exposure to typical manufacturing areas where under certain conditions the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, and hygienic precautions, such as hairnets, are required.
• The work environment is not climate controlled.
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Overtime may be required.
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.Carroll@ctg.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.