CTG Optical Technician in Fairport, New York
Title: Optical Technician
Job Number: 17203765
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting Position, 12 months with probable extension or possible direct hire
Project Location: Fairport, NY
Job Title: Optical Technician
Work Hours: 7am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday with the potential for OT
CTG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we recruit for a wide variety of positions. However, the particular client for whom this specific requirement is for dictates that only US citizens or Green Card Holders will be accepted. No visa sponsorship is available at this time.
Position Summary & Day to Day Responsibilities:
• The primary responsibilities of the position include set-up and operation of optical processing equipment for the purpose of manufacturing or testing optical components
• Assembles mechanical & optical sub-systems
• Performs operations in compliance with work instructions
• Completes production logistics by moving / transacting materials and information through the production system
• Monitors process and records data
• Performs quality tests, measurements, and inspections
Required Skills and Experience:
• AAS degree in a technical area is required
• Previous manufacturing and/or optical processing experience preferred
• Have exceptional fine motor skills - hand/eye coordination
• Outstanding computer skills – MS Excel
• Have a strong work ethic
• Superior math skills
• Have strong analytical capabilities
Working Conditions and Shift Detail:
• This is a manufacturing setting.
• PPE will be required
• Candidate must provide safety shoes at own expense - overshoes will be provided if candidate does not have own safety shoes
• Safety Glasses will be provided
• Occasional OT based on project needs
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Background Check and Drug Test are required
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.email@example.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT