CTG Optical System Metrology Engineer in Fairport, New York
Title: Optical System Metrology Engineer
Job Number: 17203667
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting Position, 12 months with probable of extension or direct hire
Project Location: Fairport, NY
Job Title: Optical System Metrology Engineer
Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm, some paid OT as needed
In this position you will work with the Advanced Optics’ world class Optical System Metrology team. Under the direction of talented senior engineers this opportunity will allow an individual to develop and mature their personal skill base within the area of optical engineering and metrology.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Design, assemble, align, and characterize complex custom metrology equipment such as interferometers, wavefront sensors, radiometers, lithography equipment, and illumination systems to test various optical components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies.
• Interpret system specifications; work with internal and external customers to understand specification requirements.
• Participate in product design, provide feedback and consultation to Product Designers.
• Measure many aspects of optical systems; test and optimization of prototype lens systems
• Document test processes and procedures, train technical personnel.
• Work within multi-disciplined project team to analyze, engineer & build lens systems from conception to completion.
• Working in a fast paced high tech environment
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• BS – Optics, Imaging Science Physics, MS - Optics Preferred
• Concentration in Lens Design
• 3-5 years working experience in optical engineering
• Lens system testing concept and principles.
• A foundation and understanding of aberration theory, geometrical optics and physical optics is necessary.
• Knowledge and comfort with computers: Data analysis using mathematical analysis tools such as Excel, Igor, Matlab, etc.
• Practical hardware laboratory experience testing / optimizing lens systems and optical modules
• Working and practical knowledge using a major optical metrology software packages ( Metropro, 4D,
• Calibration and error separation techniques
• Working in a clean room
• Authoring technical reports..
• Working and practical knowledge using a major optical design software package (CodeV, Zemax, Oslo).
• Working in an environment of close collaboration with colleagues to realize a total customer solution.
• Comfortable communicating technical information to a broad audience.
• Desire to learn and enhance personal skill set.
No third party resumes will be accepted
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.Carroll@ctg.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.