CTG Entry Level Project Manager in Fairport, New York
Title: Entry Level Project Manager
Job Number: 17203096
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: Consulting Position, through 2017 with possible extension
Project Location: Fairport, NY
Job Title: Entry Level Project Manager
Work Hours: 8 - 5 Monday - Friday with the potential for OT
Travel: 0- 25% domestic travel possible
Assist program managers in project activities (such as cost estimating/tracking and parts procurement/expediting) and develop common, consistent, centralized processes/databases for those activities.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Supports program manager to develop statement of work in response to request for quote.
• Works with program manager, product line manager, mfg supply chain/procurement, engineering & manufacturing ops organizations to estimate costs & lead- time.
• Follows established protocols & processes. Elevates opportunities for improvements.
• Adheres to commonized cost estimating & parts procurement processes/practices.
• Expedites pre-defined project schedules to ensure deliverables/timeline is met. Expedite/tracks parts delivery
• Monitors project costs (ensure budget within pre-defined guidelines)
• Communicates project updates/risk to program manager. Communicates roadblocks quickly & effectively
• Interfaces with manufacturing & supply chain; able to clearly articulates project needs & identify gaps/concerns.
• Uses/refines existing tools
• Develops/leverage local connections to remove barriers/bridge gaps for project
Required Skills and Experience:
•BS in engineering - optics or related field or experience in optics
•0-5 years of related experience
•Communication skills – verbal & written
•Organized, rigorous attention to detail
•Proficient use of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Outlook)
•Desired - Ability to assist in the development of program related processes
•Desired - Technical training or experience in optics
•Process discipline oriented
•Self Starter / Motivated
•Ability to generate enthusiasm and motivation for a technical program
•Ability to articulate clear direction and program requirements
•Ability to work cross functionally (commercial, manufacturing, engineering)
•Independent problem solving and development of approach to solutions
•No third party resumes will be accepted
•Background Check and Drug Test are required
•All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!
•Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
•CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
•CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to Jessica.email@example.com.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT