CTG BUYER III in Fairport, New York
Title: BUYER III
Job Number: 17204557
Come join us and grow your career with Computer Task Group! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Project Duration: 12 month
Project Location: Fairpoint, NY
Job Title: Buyer III
Scope of Position:
Support the plant through the timely procurement of quality materials in support of the manufacturing plan. Execute procurement strategies that Assure Supply and Optimize Total Cost of Ownership for the Plant.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Responsible for tactical procurement execution for assigned material, equipment and services. Duties include communication to supplier, submission of POs, monitoring of deliveries, expediting materials and resolving billing discrepancies as needed
• Submits requests for new vendor setup in the system
• Works with Strategic Procurement, Operations and the Business Teams to execute the Key Commodity Strategies
• Ensures compliance to the Global Buying Policy
• Manages relationships with supplier customer service representatives
• Protects Intellectual Property (IP)
• Creates and maintains contractual documents (Supply Agreements, Pricing Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Certificates of Insurance, etc.).
• Primary point of contact on vendor relations necessary to supply the plant effectively and efficiently.
• Supports supplier quality audits and supplier meetings.
• Collects, analyzes and summarizes supply management performance metrics against objectives including quality, cost, on-time delivery and lead-time. Communicates results and works with suppliers to drive continuous improvement.
• Works with Quality, Warehouse and Product Engineering to ensure proper disposition of rejected materials.
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business or Technical Field and min of 1 year Supply Chain or Procurement experience
• Strong analytical abilities with attention to detail
• Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, throughout all internal levels of the organization and externally
• High degree of initiative and motivation with ability to work in a matrix environment or within a cross functional team
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Education, training or certification (CPSM,CPIM, etc.) in a supply chain function
• Knowledge and understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems.
• Negotiation, purchasing or commodity experience
• Project management experience
• Results oriented, self-motivated
• Customer focus: able to gather and understand customer requirements and objectives
• Effective team player
• Able to be persuasive in negotiations, as required
• Comfortable working with cross functional teams
• Conflict management
• Ability to influence
• Time management
Please send all resumes to Jessica Novobilski at Jessica.Novobilski@ctg.com referencing job 12162 or apply below.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Purchasing / Procurement