CTG Lean Engineer in Elmira, New York
Title: Lean Engineer
Job Number: 17203811
CTG has an excellent direct - hire opportunity available! Are you looking to grow your career and skill set in an exciting new role? Apply today!
Job Title: Lean Engineer
Location: Elmira, NY
Job Type: Direct Hire opportunity
Pay Range: Competitive with full benefits available
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
The Lean Engineer is responsible for supporting and actively driving the continuous improvement (Lean) and waste elimination efforts and activities throughout the facility. This includes value stream mapping, employee training, facilitation of Rapid Improvement Events (Kaizen), and other activities associated with Lean Manufacturing Principles. Along with a competitive salary, candidates will receive great full salaried benefits including medical, dental and vision, and paid time off. This is a permanent role with room for growth down the line.
• Manage the team chartering process.
• Analyze and define processes in current state based on spaghetti chart analysis, work flow diagrams, the eight forms of waste, and other Lean principles.
• Facilitate the setting of priorities, objectives, goals, measures and metrics for process improvement projects, ensuring that these are monitored and controlled.
• Determine quality issues and recommended forms of correction.
• Conduct time studies by breaking down the job elements into value and non-value added categories in an effort to document the current state.
• Facilitate the development of “future state” in order to optimize process flow.
• Implementation of “future state” on the manufacturing floor.
• Conformance to Quality Management Systems (QMS) and standards.
Required Skills and Education:
• At least a two year degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field along with 3 -5 years of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Experience.
• Demonstrated experience in the investigation/implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles.
• A Lean or Six Sigma certification is a definite plus
• Knowledge of MRP and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Ability to coach/mentor employees.
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques.
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT