CTG DATA SCIENTIST in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Title: DATA SCIENTIST
Location: US-MN-Eden Prairie
Job Number: 17203161
Computer Task Group is seeking a Data Scientist to join a team at our client (permanent placement) in Eden Prairie, MN
As a data scientist within our clients' progressive Enterprise Business Analytics team, you’ll leverage your network modelling experience and expertise to support specific business initiatives related to the clients' network of customers and carriers, specifically around prospecting sales leads, community detection, and identifying influencers. You’ll build a strong understanding of business drivers and collaborate with the Enterprise Data Science team to develop and implement data products and advanced analytics in support of account management and customer growth strategies. Your ability to translate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, clearly conveying the value behind your recommendations, along with an openness to feedback and iteration, will be critical to your success. This is an outstanding opportunity to further your career as a data scientist serving a rapidly growing need within a Fortune 220 organization that is making significant investments to fully leverage its information asset.
• Gather and assemble data sets from external sources and internal databases for analytics (database sources include relational, NoSQL, and Hadoop)
• Work with business leaders to translate needs to defined objectives, methods, and project plans
• Evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions; provide recommendations around progressive techniques, innovation and best practice
• Validate and develop network algorithms and statistical methodologies supporting lead generation
• Validate and develop customer segmentation strategies based upon community detection and clustering methodologies
• Validate and develop algorithms that identify influencers in the network
• Embrace an R&D mindset through Rapid Prototyping & Iterative Experimentation & Web Frameworks
• Developing distributed algorithms on the Spark ecosystem
• Work closely with IT delivery teams to productionize successful models
• Communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field strongly preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience in advanced analytics and machine learning model development and validation, with emphasis on network modeling
• Business-side (non-academic) experience leading analytics-based projects, and delivering results within project parameters of scope, funding, and duration
• Experience leading projects and interacting with non-technical users to explain modeling results and meaning
• Proficiency with statistical packages and programming languages: R, Python, Scala
• Proficiency with Spark/Hadoop Ecosystem (MLlib GraphX) & python NetworkX algorithms
• Knowledge of relational databases and familiarity with NoSQL
• Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking
• Strong sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize work effectively to maximize output and productivity.
You may apply with the link on this site. Or, send your resume to the Recruiter, Craig Sandlin at email@example.com .
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Technology & Healthcare IT